VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

36341 - 36360 of 36395 Posts

·
Registered
10,908 Posts
Anyone ever watch McGregor on fight science? The dude is on another level.

I hope Aldo heals up well enough to fight, and well enough to not have to use that as an excuse "if " he does not get the W.

On another note; How about this HW division!!! Do you think AA will take out werdum?

·
Banned
29,811 Posts
Anyone ever watch McGregor on fight science? The dude is on another level.

I hope Aldo heals up well enough to fight, and well enough to not have to use that as an excuse "if " he does not get the W.

On another note; How about this HW division!!! Do you think AA will take out werdum?
I'm still wondering if the injury is just part of some mental game Aldo is playing. If it's legit it kind of cheapens the fight, which is why i'd rather see an interim fight for the belt.

the HW division is so thin, just about every fighter in the division is a 1-2 fights away from a title shot :laugh:
IIRC, AA had a pretty bad injury just before his fight with Browne, is he on medical right now?

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Nobody has ever dominated the HW title like GSP/Silva/Aldo/Rousey. I would rather watch non-title HW fights than title fights in other divisions. I think it's the only division where you can never predict the outcome, and that makes it more exciting for me.

·
Banned
29,811 Posts
True. They need more young guys in the division, while I like a lot of the vets, they are getting banged up pretty good. I'd hate to see some of them punch drunknlater in life.

·
Banned
29,811 Posts
FV-QR

Dang, Aldo is out. It's Mendez v McGregor for the interim. At least now we will know how McG does against a wrestler!

·
Banned
29,811 Posts
I'm a bigger fan of Mendez but I want mcG to win because im not ready for Aldo Mendez 3. At the same time I'm not really a fan of mcG's personality, but his style is pretty exciting.

·
Banned
29,811 Posts
Mendez better watch out for those Connor uppercuts displayed on his ufc debut.

I got Mendez winning this in the 2 round.
That lead uppercut is no joke. If he can land it I can see that causing Mendez some issues. Mcg has a great coubter left as well. Two very dangerous guys, im split 50/50 on who wins. Really looking forward to this fight!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
What a vicious win for Romero...185 is just stacked with physical monsters...
QFT

... As a Weidman fan, Romero scares me. I'm hoping Jacare takes him out before he gets a title shot.
I think Romero has a very good shot at beating Weidman. I was very impressed with his cardio against Machida, and his head movement / elusiveness was on par as well. For a hulk of a guy, he moves really well and doesn't just sit there and eat shots in order to land his own. Alas, he could work on checking leg kicks more consistently... which I think Weidman can exploit.

Ruckhold, Souza and Romero all pose some serious problems for Weidman. I am a firm believer that Weidman has not been tested against elite talent in their prime... he will soon have his chance, as he has pretty much cleaned out all of the vets.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
The dude tried betting $3mil to dana white saying hed knock mendes out in the 2nd round...and he ****ing does it with seconds left...I was not a believer, I am now a beleiver. Connors gonna be an absolute freight train in the UFC holy ****. I read an article where he watched The Secret and became a firm believer in it and was laughing. Seems to be working for him.

·
Banned
29,811 Posts
FV-QR

he had a good victory but i was a little shocked at how easily he got taken down. He made Mendes pay for it, but he sure needs some work on his TDD. Im really looking forward to McG v Aldo!

·
Registered
10,908 Posts
i was a little shocked at how easily he got taken down. but he sure needs some work on his TDD. Im really looking forward to McG v Aldo!
You do know that Mendez has one of, if not the owner of the highest take down percentage in the UFC. I would be more surprised if Mendez "could not" take him down. If anything Mcgregor showed he can hang with, and overcome a top class wrestler.

McG vs. Aldo is going to be a war. This fight I cannot wait for.

The whole card was awesome, so awesome that I had no idea there were more fights on Sunday night!

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
UFC189:

Robbie is a ****ing savage..................dear lord what a fight.

Chad is legit, not sure why everyone wasn't giving him a chance (I bet on him lol)

Conor impressed me with his abilty to take damage and still take the fight.

Jeremy Stephens with a great knee KO

and as always, Matt Brown put on a show.

·
Banned
29,811 Posts
You do know that Mendez has one of, if not the owner of the highest take down percentage in the UFC. I would be more surprised if Mendez "could not" take him down. If anything Mcgregor showed he can hang with, and overcome a top class wrestler.

McG vs. Aldo is going to be a war. This fight I cannot wait for.

The whole card was awesome, so awesome that I had no idea there were more fights on Sunday night!
Mendes might be top 10 with takedowns among active fighters, or in his division, but he is not even top 10 according to fight metric.

Rank Fighter Total
1 Georges St-Pierre 77.7%
2 John Howard 71.4%
3 Nate Marquardt 70.6%
4 Jonathan Goulet 70.0%
5 Cheick Kongo 68.8%
6 Jon Jones 68.2%
6 Cain Velasquez 68.2%
8 Renato Sobral 66.7%
9 CB Dolloway 65.0%
9 Rich Franklin 65.0%

Mendes is around 55%

Anyways, I thought McG would have better take down defense, shoot me for believing some of the hype. :rolleyes:

36341 - 36360 of 36395 Posts