VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

36361 - 36380 of 36395 Posts

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
it is odd when you can womp a brazilian/irish and not get the stoppage, but when it looks like an amurican is in trouble, uh oh fight over :rolleyes:

tj distroyed barao

·
Registered
10,908 Posts
Good card..

But, dont know if I posted this; My cousin won his fight and is now the welter champ of fight time promotions out of south FLA. The fight will be aired on CBS sports this week sometime. not sure of the actual date! but, check your listings. It was a1st round TKO stopage. He is now 6-0 and holds a belt.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
good deal maybe he will get that injury replacement call for a bigger venue to get his foot in the door. hope he can make some coin and get out with his brain intact. :thumbup:

·
Banned
29,811 Posts
Good card..

But, dont know if I posted this; My cousin won his fight and is now the welter champ of fight time promotions out of south FLA. The fight will be aired on CBS sports this week sometime. not sure of the actual date! but, check your listings. It was a1st round TKO stopage. He is now 6-0 and holds a belt.
curious what up-and-commers like him think about the reebok deal and fighter pay structure. Seems like a huge penalty to newcomers to the UFC.

·
Registered
10,908 Posts
I bet Bellator loves it.
Bellator is scouting him now. There is a contract on the table with two more successful title defenses.

·
Banned
29,811 Posts
Bellator is scouting him now. There is a contract on the table with two more successful title defenses.
Cool, i hope he does well. I think the reebok deal is going to almost force serious prospects into bellator/wsof/etc. because the UFC payout is just crazy low. I realize that a lot of fighter's preparations can be written off at tax time, but it's still a huge up-front cost to pay for food, shelter, striking coaches, wrestling/BJJ coaches, other coaches, training partners, etc. etc. I just don't see how any fighter breaking into the large promotions can look at the UFC and think it's a good deal. Yes, the UFC is going to provide more exposure, but bellator, Wsof/etc, seem like a safer bet to get good matchups and make more money. At least that's how it looks from the outside. I know the UFC pays a lot of fighters bonuses that aren't disclosed, but it doesn't sound like they are making up for the lost sponsorship money.

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
Then don't watch it, it's from an mma media story.

Didn't realize the fun nazi's where out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
When you're leaving the arena crying and the UFC is blasting "mama said knock you out" by LL...you know you just got knocked the eff out :laugh:

I think it's the best thing that could've happened for the division and Ronda, Ronda's now in a tricky spot, take a fast rematch and potentially lose again and then where do you go? Gate keeper for a thin division? UFC's gonna have to figure this one out. As someone else on reddit pointed out, Ronda spoke on Jimmy Kimmel about how Holm will be patient and try to frustrate her and then bam head kick her (but said it won't happen). She was completely aware of the plan and let what appears like emotions put her on a tunnel visioned approach.

EDIT - Also Joe Rogan saying it's the biggest upset, it just really doesn't come close to Serra vs. GSP, people have questioned Ronda's competition for years, GSP lost to someone people that was a joke.

36361 - 36380 of 36395 Posts