VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

18061 - 18080 of 18106 Posts

·
Registered
17,582 Posts
Nice to see Purdue being competitive. They ran out of gas and the 2 ejections really hurt late in the game but that's also a result of MAC level recruiting for the last 10 years.

I feel bad for everyone associated with the Iowa Hawkeyes. That's a terrible way to lose a game. Literally an inch from the guys fingers with no time left.

After Purdue, I thought Michigan looked like an average team. Then Iowa played Penn State like that. I think the Big 10 is very overrated this year but the winner will be in a playoff spot at years end.

·
Registered
17,582 Posts
RIP Joe Tiller

The man who brought the spread offense to the Big Ten:thumbup:

·
Registered
20,646 Posts
Ugh Michigan. Championship caliber defense, high school caliber offense.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
They're hurting now with Speight likely out for the season. O'Korn's QB career is not going to be a long one. Way too many picks.

Penn State has a bye week before facing Harbaugh's team in State College. If they play like this game, it'll be loss #2 for them, en route to 3.

·
Registered
166 Posts
They're hurting now with Speight likely out for the season. O'Korn's QB career is not going to be a long one. Way too many picks.

Penn State has a bye week before facing Harbaugh's team in State College. If they play like this game, it'll be loss #2 for them, en route to 3.
Go Green!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,646 Posts
Clemson LOL
I wanted to make that game tonight. They had endzone tickets on sale for $30ea just two days before the game! Lol. Wife wouldn’t indulge another game so soon.

Clemson ****ing does this every year. Wins games they’re dangerously close to losing to inferior teams, loses to teams like Pitt and Syracuse. Then come ACC championship and playoff time they’re suddenly the team everyone thinks they are again.

They’ll survive this again. Unless they go and lose to the Noles or something :p

·
Registered
17,582 Posts
I am 50 minute drive to Camp Randall's front door. I am watching the Purdue tix drop all morning long debating if i want to go or not.

Combined with the bad weather i can score 40 yard line seats for $35 or sit upper deck for $7

·
Registered
17,582 Posts
Wild season indeed.

Fighting Harbaughs have serious concerns too

Battle for the Big Ten is now Saturday

Purdue - at least they looked like they want to be on the field but seriously Rutgers????

Its Alabama's to lose.

·
Registered
166 Posts
In the B1G, the East is where it’s at again this year. If Sparty’s O can get on track and play consistently, OSU and PSU need to be concerned. The D is legit, holding IU to 9 points was huge, but can’t win if the O can’t score and keep the D off the field.
Hoping they get on track against Northwestern today. We’ll see...

Wisconsin will win the west again this year so Badger fans can start buying tickets for Indy now. I think the big matchup this weekend is OSU’s offense against Penn State’s defense. We know James Franklin will dial up plays that get Penn State in the end zone but can his D stop Myer’s O?
They have the number one scoring offense in the B1G and to date, PSU hasn’t played an offense with OSU’s talent level. Conversely PSU has a really solid D, anxious to prove last week wasn’t a fluke. I think an X factor is that Urban is probably still smarting from last seasons loss. There may be some payback today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,582 Posts
Jeff Brohm was a damn great hire.
Bucket is coming back
Bowl Berth

Good year in Purdue land

and that shows how ****ty things have been in W. Lafayette

·
Registered
20,646 Posts
so is harbaugh hype dead?
The fandom’s knives are out, I guess, but they’re ‘better QB depth’ away from having a good season again. 3 different starters this year, and O’Korn has struggled when the job’s fallen on him. They don’t exactly have a third string capable of winning a national championship either.

Greg Schiano to Tennessee... good for him but I’m not in a hurry to lose him. OSU offense hasn’t been the same since Tom Herman left either. So goes the coaching carousel, I guess.

The one game I actually wanted Bama to win they couldn’t get it done. Gonna need a lot of luck and help for the Buckeyes to sneak into the 4th spot now.

·
Registered
12,834 Posts
so is harbaugh hype dead?
It's been dead since the MSU game. That isn't to say he isn't a great coach, but he is clearly not on that elite level yet. He might be Michigan's slightly better version of Kirk Ferentz. Lifetime coach that churns out the occasionally brilliant season, but mostly wins 8 or 9 a year.

·
Registered
17,582 Posts
The fandom’s knives are out, I guess, but they’re ‘better QB depth’ away from having a good season again. 3 different starters this year, and O’Korn has struggled when the job’s fallen on him. They don’t exactly have a third string capable of winning a national championship either.

Greg Schiano to Tennessee... good for him but I’m not in a hurry to lose him. OSU offense hasn’t been the same since Tom Herman left either. So goes the coaching carousel, I guess.

The one game I actually wanted Bama to win they couldn’t get it done. Gonna need a lot of luck and help for the Buckeyes to sneak into the 4th spot now.
Buckeyes with power 5 championship I think gets in over Bama without.

Then again both schools have gotten into the playoff/bcsnc without having won their conference before.

Comes down to the eyeball test. I think more would side with Bama than OSU just based on hype. But then see above. IDK.

But it all depends. Beat Wisconsin 59-0 again and I think they are up in the top 4.

Lots and lots of possibilities now. its great!!!

·
Registered
17,582 Posts
It's been dead since the MSU game. That isn't to say he isn't a great coach, but he is clearly not on that elite level yet. He might be Michigan's slightly better version of Kirk Ferentz. Lifetime coach that churns out the occasionally brilliant season, but mostly wins 8 or 9 a year.

Open up his 49ers playbook from 2012 and find a dual threat QB. Im still not convinced the NFL has caught up with many of the zone read schemes and what the 49ers did on offense with Kap in 2012 and 2013 was a thing of beauty.

Maybe he needs Greg Roman back

·
Registered
17,582 Posts
Jimbo was facing resistance at FSU. He is taking the $ and running.

As for UT - Fulmer sabotaged hiring process and now is AD?!!! That place is a dumpster fire.

Now for football
Ohio State OR Alabama?

18061 - 18080 of 18106 Posts