VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

33041 - 33060 of 33060 Posts

·
Registered
30,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #33,042
All three 100k+ relievers in the majors from last year are now on the Yankees.

Also, since I stopped in, just wanted to ask G60... After seeing Stephen Drew embarrass himself all of last year do you still think he's as good as Asdrubel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,560 Posts
I can't watch the Yankees as of now. Comcast dropped YES. Dicks.
Fox (majority owner of YES) wanted more than $4.89 per subscriber they were getting. Less than 25% of Comcast customers watched YES during the Yankees season. Less are watching the Nets right now.

If they offered it as a standalone option, would you pay $8-10 a month for it?

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Fox (majority owner of YES) wanted more than $4.89 per subscriber they were getting. Less than 25% of Comcast customers watched YES during the Yankees season. Less are watching the Nets right now.

If they offered it as a standalone option, would you pay $8-10 a month for it?
I already pay too much. I'd get dish and tell Comcast to lick my taint.

·
Registered
9,560 Posts
I already pay too much. I'd get dish and tell Comcast to lick my taint.
Better plan on Direct TV as Dish doesn't offer it either.

The real issue is that if YES were to cut the price for Comcast, they then would have to cut the price to all the cable and satellite providers. And that ain't gonna happen.

·
Registered
15,256 Posts
Same deal as last year could be good could be terrible just like every other team in the division.

The bullpen should be insane though.

I look forward to seeing Didi and if he can grow at all and see how Castor develops.

·
Registered
47,288 Posts
Forums have been a ghost town......

Going to be interesting to see how the team plays this year. I think MI will be solid......DD in his second year should help Castro get comfortable quick.

I'll take 2015 Arod in 2016.......maybe a little more rested coming into the end of the year in case of a playoff opportunity.

Hopefully Ellsbury plays a full season.

Hopefully Tex and Gardner are healthy too.

Hopefully 2012 Headley comes to pay a visit and sticks around all season.

Wow.....too many "hopefuls".......pretty pathetic.:thumbdown:

·
Registered
15,256 Posts
I'll take 2015 Arod in 2016.......maybe a little more rested coming into the end of the year in case of a playoff opportunity.

Hopefully Ellsbury plays a full season.

Hopefully Tex and Gardner are healthy too.

Hopefully 2012 Headley comes to pay a visit and sticks around all season.

Wow.....too many "hopefuls".......pretty pathetic.:thumbdown:
Whats crazy is that none of this happened last year and they still made the playoffs. Not so sure history can repeat itself though.

CC Sabathia lead the team with 167 innings.

Stephen Drew hit about .100

I was expecting to see Bird make a big contribution this year:mad:

Again team could be awesome....team could suck lol.

·
Registered
S4, B8.5, M/T, Stg3
8,201 Posts
Again team could be awesome....team could suck lol.
Yup, as deep as the talent is, and as good as all looks on paper, until the All Star break ends, I just sit in there and enjoy the roller coaster and see who makes is past the break without injuries, to get an idea on how the season may end!

:popcorn:

·
Registered
9,560 Posts
In this week's Baseball section in the Sunday Boston Globe, the writer said there is buzz that Chapman may be available in late June if the Yankees don't start turning things around.

In the same section, it was reported that one AL scouted noted Texeira's offense has dropped off but he's great defensively at first base. The writer had the idea of the Sox signing him next year to platoon at first base/DH with Hanley Ramirez.

Funny article listing what The Boss would do if he were alive today.

·
Registered
9,560 Posts
Been quiet in here. Looks like plenty of money will be available for next season. Thoughts on Chapman, Tex, and A-Rod all being gone???/

·
Registered
157 Posts
Didn't say it was. The point is that with those 3 gone, there's plenty of money for more big free agents or are they going to rebuild from within over the next couple of years.

I don't think there are many FA to be had next year, so I see more rebuilding.

But if they feel they can be competitive they could sign a guy like Chapman again.

That would be pretty funny to sign him and then trade him again next year.

and also

Gary Sanchez is 1st player in MLB history with at least 10 HR and 30 hits in his first 22 career games.:beer:

33041 - 33060 of 33060 Posts