Discussion Starter · #1 ·
XM for Sirius

See post directly below this one.
-Brian

Modified by BRM10984 at 12:04 AM 11-16-2005

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
For the time being, let's reserve one thread dedicated to XM to Sirius and Sirius to XM satellite radio module swaps. Until I find a better interface, please just post here in this thread if you are looking for a swap. I will keep the first post updated with the most current swap candidates, so please help me keep it current by doing the following:
-post only the module you have, your preferred method of contact (Vortex PM, eMail, AIM, etc.) with the corresponding name or address, and your location.
-post in the thread or send me a PM here on the forum once your swap has occurred or once you decide you wish to keep your current unit so that I can remove the entry from the thread.
This is not the place to discuss the work involved in said swaps. Numerous threads have covered that in the MkV forum. Please search for those for details.
In an effort to keep this thread helpful for all involved, I will remove any OT chatter as necessary.
If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

THE LIST
stro: Have XM, want Sirius. Fort Lauderdale, FL. [email protected]
jayreading: Have Sirius, want XM. St. Charles, IL. [email protected]
XCJETTA2001: Have XM, want Sirius. [email protected]
Dexman1349: Have XM (software 0060, want Sirius. I am in the process of getting the 0080 software for the car (under warranty). Denver, CO. e-mail at [email protected]
kd5dyi: Have XM (0080 software), want Sirius. Norman, OK.
dpantazis: Have XM, want Sirius. Will drive to meet. Chicago, IL.

Modified by BRM10984 at 8:48 AM 2-10-2006

Modified by BRM10984 at 11:37 PM 4-20-2006

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: OFFICIAL: Sirius <---> XM Satellite Radio Swap Thread (BRM10984)

I'm not sure what you're telling me exactly?
I have an XM radio and I want a Sirius radio. I am looking for someone to swap w/ me -

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
I'm saying to post the information I specified in the first post of this thread, and I'll keep an updated list of who wants what so that everyone can see who is available for swaps. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
363 Posts
Re: XM for Sirius (jayreading)

Make sure you do not swap for an XM reciever with software 0060 it is the version with the bugs like putting your presets back to 001 everytime you turn off your car. You want an XM reciever with software code 0080 it is bug free. It is easy to find the software code it is on the label on the reciever. The software cannot be updated so if you get 0060 version you will have to buy a whole brand new reciever since warranty will not cover it since it is not the one that came with your car. $800.00.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Re: XM for Sirius (cbpagent)

I have an XM module software version 0080. It is already removed from the vehicle. I am looking for a Sirius tuner.
jettzc at gmail dot com

·
Registered
69 Posts
Re: (Dexman1349)

Well, nevermind my swap. My wife changed her mind and doens't want to swap. For now, you can remove me from the list.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Have XM want SIRIUS. Chicago Area SE-WI, NE-IN

I have XM, want Sirius. PM me. I will drive to meet YOU! I am in Chicago metro area.

·
Registered
11,305 Posts
I've swapped with TDIDrewster, so you can take me off the list now. FINALLY, Ive got Sirius.

1 - 20 of 812 Posts