VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
12,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Official SoCal R32 GTG Part III - Aftermath Pics and Comments - 69 R32s!!!

AWESOME DAY!!!
What a tremendous day. We had confirmation from just over 50 R32s for this event and I was thinking we'd be lucky to get 50 R's out to the event, assuming some would have last minute cancellations. Much to my surprise and I'm sure to the surprise of all other attendees was the HUGE turnout of R32s for our "once little" GTG.
We counted 69 R32s (counted by QBNR32 and others) at the event and that will be our official number. Official for what? I dunno.
I do know that in actuality, we probably had between 72-75 cars that came out to the event. We tried taking pics of all the cars together but it was a daunting task to get people out to their cars in the 90 degree heat at one time for a huge pic... and we didn't have a spot large enough to get a good "from the top" picture, but we did the best we could.
I would like to send a special "THANK YOU" to our SoCal R32 group's sponsors... if not for the contributions from these companies, we would not have had the great turnout that we did.
VF Engineering first of all for hosting the shin-dig and providing an awesome location for our gathering. Not only did they perform a full Stage II kit installation in 4.5 hours for all to see... they provided enough food and drink for the 90+ attendees.
GIAC USA and Garrett Lim for being onsite flashing ECUs at our special GTG pricing. Garrett was available all day to answer all the attendees' questions and was very accomodating to our crew. GIAC also provided one of the most sought after raffle prizes, the not-yet-released FlashLoader with all 5 programs!
Exklusiv Motorsports for taking the time to drive out all the way from Arizona and providing two sets of Golf IV tail lights for the raffle! They also provided a free install of a CAI in CHUNK85's car!!!
Parts4VWs for providing two sets of Golf V Wiper kits and some detailing supplies for our raffle. Mike Potter was also on hand to answer any questions, thanks for driving out!
EuroCullen for providing 10 sets of clear LED bumper and side markers for the raffle. It was really nice having so many items to win in the raffle.
Evolution Motorsports for making a non-expected last minute contribution to our GTG... a cold air intake! Thank you!
EIP Tuning for providing a short shift kit for the raffle.
HPA Motorsports for providing a short shift kit for the raffle
Parts4Euro for providing a $200 discount off HIDs for the raffle.
4Grounding for providing a Hyper Grounding kit for the raffle.
European Technologies for providing their custom VW Passat W8 console for the raffle.
All in all, the raffle was a huge success once again and provided the most anticipation for our event. All SoCal R32 members will definitely take note of which companies took care of us and reciprocate by doing business with our sponsors whenever possible. All sponsors have been given permission to email "[email protected]" with any special news and offers for our dedicated group of enthusiasts.
Thanks to Stephen of the VW Vortex for taking time out to check out our little event. Also, Thanks to (insert name here) of the gentleman from European Car... remember that my car MUST be in any pics of any coverage done on the event.

Also, thanks to MUAHAHAA, QBNR32 and SoCalR32 for making member contributions to the raffle as well... very cool of you guys to give back to the group. Thanks to [email protected] for providing the raffle tickets and the trophies for the first official SoCal R32 show... pics to follow. Thanks to Mr. Ginster for designing our shirts and getting them made on short notice. Thanks to Diocles for going into debt so that we could see a VF Stage II kit. heh heh
1st Place: QBNR32
2nd Place: TTigg
3rd Place: Mr. Ginster
OK, I'm sure there will be more thoughts and comments on our event, I just wanted to get the proper THANK YOU's out to those who made the event all that it was.
Most importantly, thanks to everyone who took time on a Sunday to spend it with fellow R32 enthusiasts... it really was a great group of people.

Modified by nebuchadnezzar at 7:51 PM 8-29-2004

Modified by nebuchadnezzar at 6:49 AM 8-30-2004

Modified by nebuchadnezzar at 7:15 AM 8-30-2004

·
Registered
485 Posts
Re: Official SoCal R32 GTG Part III - Aftermath Pics and Comments (nebuchadnezzar)

Quote, originally posted by nebuchadnezzar »

This pic is insane

It makes me proud to be an American. What a great week for the R32. 4500 sold with zero marketing and a GTG that stifles any from Europe. Why has VW doubted us for so long? If you build it, they will come

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Re: Official SoCal R32 GTG Part III - Aftermath Pics and Comments (gti_fan)

GIAC USA and Garrett Lim for being onsite flashing ECUs at our special GTG pricing. Garrett was available all day to answer all the attendees' questions and was very accomodating to our crew. GIAC also provided one of the most sought after raffle prizes, the not-yet-released FlashLoader with all 5 programs!
I'am so jealous no GIAC dealer in FL

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Re: Official SoCal R32 GTG Part III - Aftermath Pics and Comments (gti_fan)

awsome, awsome day! I really appreciate all the sponsors that hooked up SoCal R32. I even won in the raffle!
Sorry i took off early again and missed out on the pic. But a friend was driving at Formula G drift today and i had to make it out there.

·
Registered
10,260 Posts
Re: Official SoCal R32 GTG Part III - Aftermath Pics and Comments (ARRR Matey 32)

if i lived in cali, i would have defenitly been there, but i live in the other side of the country

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Re: Official SoCal R32 GTG Part III - Aftermath Pics and Comments (vr6fanatic)

sounds like you guys had a blast!
I stopped by and saw the cars from the group that met up at the Village Coffee Roaster and I saw them on the freeway cruising which was awesome
who was the lucky one who got boosted?
oh yeah much respect to the folks in the blue .:R with the plate "MWAHAHA" (or something close)...the 101 freeway is truly hectic
thanks for bein so cool to me also
Peace

·
Registered
12,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Official SoCal R32 GTG Part III - Aftermath Pics and Comments (Supercharged VR6)

Oh yeah, I think I forgot to mention that there are around 20 newly GIAC-equipped R32s out and about in SoCal thanks to Garrett of GIAC and the VF crew... vroom vroom!!!
Also, in addition to the Stage II that got installed in Diocles' car, another member purchased the Stage II kit for installation at a later date and he will be taking advantage of VF's special offer of $500 off install.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif for crazy modded R32s. This is a true testament for the R32 crowd. Two Stage II Supercharger Kits in one day and just under 1/3 of the attendees get ECU programming... we really are an enthusiastic bunch aren't we?

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Re: Official SoCal R32 GTG Part III - Aftermath Pics and Comments (nebuchadnezzar)

Holy smokes!

Now that is one [email protected] GTG. Seems nicely organized, props to all the sponsors and organizers.
Whenever I visit the parents in Thousand Oaks, I always make a point to take the Pops s4 through the canyon roads and PCH (Malibu). I wish I lived out there with my .:R ... Beautiful weather, great roads, no freakin potholes etc etc.
ssssiiiggghhh.... Nice turnout guys! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by KrzeVR6 at 10:58 PM 8-29-2004

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Re: Official SoCal R32 GTG Part III - Aftermath Pics and Comments (Supercharged VR6)

Big thanks to Garret (GIAC) for the Flashloader and the 5 programs...You guys rock! I had a great time out there and I think I can say the same for everyone else. The shop was awesome and the grub was bomb. A lot of time and planning went into this event, big ups to all the sponsors and organizers. Thanks again. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Re: Official SoCal R32 GTG Part III - Aftermath Pics and Comments (KrzeVR6)

....Wow.......that's a lotta Rs

Nice job........sure you had a great time http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
12,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Official SoCal R32 GTG Part III - Aftermath Pics and Comments (Daemon42)

Quote, originally posted by Daemon42 »
So who drove the furthest to be there?
ian

Dunno which is farthest, but we had peeps from AZ, NorCal and Vegas.
There was one R32 with a Virginia license plate though.

Don't think they drove out for this GTG though, probably a transaplant.

·
Registered
14 Posts

A couple more photos from today:

Time to get some free stuff!!! A lot of people went home with new toys for their R's (including me).

It was really impressive to see this many cars in the same place! I got a laugh out of some reactions from of the non-GTG folks.
Favorite quote of the day:
"Did you see this out here? They're all THE SAME CAR!" --Employee at a business next to VF Engineering.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Re: Official SoCal R32 GTG Part III - Aftermath Pics and Comments (vr6fanatic)

Quote, originally posted by vr6fanatic »
if i lived in cali, i would have defenitly been there, but i live in the other side of the country

Us east coasters should stop drooling over this and plan something like this of our own!
BTW http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif for the great turnout. Didn't think I would ever see that many R's in one place.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Re: Official SoCal R32 GTG Part III - Aftermath Pics and Comments (Jason A)

Pulls like a freight train. That is my first impression of the VF stage II...I'll write up something a little later after some ...uh, hum....testing.
I also would like to thank Nick and especially Ilie. while I chatted with various individuals, ate some great ribs, sipped on some ice cold beverages and generally made good use of a Sunday, Ilie was busting his butt to get the supercharger on my car. Ilie you got more than props on the way from me

It was also cool to talk to the Vortex crew; the event was well documented and it'll be nice to have a public record of my install. I guess I won't to have to post pictures to prove I have a stage II setup

Anyway thanks to all...had a good time.

1 - 20 of 141 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.