VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
11,863 Posts
This.

Although I will say, when I saw the other thread was locked I got excited. Thought maybe Emmett was back.
I had a different reaction, one of confusion as to how the thread could have spiraled out of control overnight.

Was pleasantly surprised though.

Will definitely take tons of pics and do a thread on my annual Roadtrip to TN/NC next month!

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
In addition to date, member, car and thread can we add location? That would give the area of where these road trips are, ie. CA SoCal to Norcal. Then maybe the order can be organized by starting location or country/state.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Cool idea!

I did this, might post some more.

Date: August 2011
Member Lupo TDI
Car: Volvo Amazon

Thread:
https://forums.vwvortex.com/showth...&p=73306949&viewfull=1#/topics/5415440?page=1

How did we all forget about these!??!?!!?

Jader Pack/jderpak's Alaska Ice Road adventure and his Bolivia Death Road drive! 12 years later, the pics still work!

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthr...d-a-Lincoln-Town-Car-OR-My-ice-road-road-trip

I asked him if he could rehost the pictures a couple of years ago, I’m glad they still are online. These were definitely epic trips!

Sent by pidgeon mail.

·
Premium Member
987.2 | Miata | GTI
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
In addition to date, member, car and thread can we add location? That would give the area of where these road trips are, ie. CA SoCal to Norcal. Then maybe the order can be organized by starting location or country/state.
I thought about adding location but often times it was already in the title, and there's many ways of listing it (just the cities? just the states? etc.). But I can try to standardize it if people really want to see it.

Keeping the order chronological is still the best way as it's the quickest for people to see the newest thread in case they missed it. Burying a new thread in the middle when someone did a trip through Nebraska isn't going to get the most attention.

I did this.
Added.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I remember (but cannot find) a thread from at least 10 years ago... 2 guys drove a friend's B5 Audi S4 from NYC to somewhere west coast. They sealed the whole car in blue painter's tape, left little blue tape S4 tags all over the place. It's an old thread but a great one worthy of the list if it's not blackholed for some reason.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I remember (but cannot find) a thread from at least 10 years ago... 2 guys drove a friend's B5 Audi S4 from NYC to somewhere west coast. They sealed the whole car in blue painter's tape, left little blue tape S4 tags all over the place. It's an old thread but a great one worthy of the list if it's not blackholed for some reason.
Oh yes, I remember that one as well! That was the “muffler man” trip. Here it is:

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?2918517#/topics/2918517

Sent by pidgeon mail.

·
Registered
88 Cabby, 91 Jetta TDI, 15 GSW TDI, 19 Tiguan
24,081 Posts
Oh yes, I remember that one as well! That was the “muffler man” trip. Here it is:

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?2918517#/topics/2918517

Sent by pidgeon mail.
Just read through that whole thing. Nice that the pictures still show up for the most part. Pretty funny road trip story. Someday I hope to have the time to make as many stops. Usually when I was driving cross country I didn't want to make time for that kind of thing because I just wanted to get to my destination. My wife and I got a picture of that PT Cruiser with the moose on top in Wisconsin when we went to MT on our honeymoon. :laugh:

·
Registered
1964 turbo corvair, 1976 bmw 2002, 1998 bmw 328is, 2001 corvette, 2001 bmw X5 5spd
4,328 Posts

·
Premium Member
987.2 | Miata | GTI
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
21 - 40 of 63 Posts