VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
I’m not a loser. I’m a winnah!!
39,853 Posts
I didn’t do a thread or take hardly any pics but I just did 3hrs north of GB to the border of the UP and then stopped for a few days. Absolutely gorgeous roads (for Wisconsin) through the chequamegon-nicolet national forest. Gravel detours and dirt logging roads until you barf. The opportunities for fishing and mountain biking were literally endless, I could spend a whole summer and still only see a minute fraction of the area.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Thanks for posting these. Looking back at my own trip feels surreal and really makes me want to go back up to Banff again. This time I think I'd rent a Sprinter or something.

·
Registered
29,334 Posts
Six months since the last post - this thread deserves a sticky?

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Six months since the last post - this thread deserves a sticky?
Well, two things to consider:

1) Road trips are more of a summer thing. Do as many people take road trips in sports cars between October and March? (eg: 6 months maybe shouldn't be a shock).

2) It is sticky because of the long-term continued relevance of some of the older subject matter, not the frequency of posts.

Just my 2-cents worth.

·
Premium Member
987.2 | Miata | GTI
4,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Technically the last update was on 2/9 but since I just edited the first post, it doesn't show up as an update. Any new road trip thread will be on the first page for a few days and will get the attention it deserves, with the first post of this thread serving as a summarized list.

·
Super Moderator
6,962 Posts
Technically the last update was on 2/9 but since I just edited the first post, it doesn't show up as an update. Any new road trip thread will be on the first page for a few days and will get the attention it deserves, with the first post of this thread serving as a summarized list.
This. The date doesn’t reflect the activity of this thread, it’s still a good community idea :thumbup:

41 - 60 of 63 Posts