VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
knew my **** about offsets for my mk4, i'm a little lost for my 3.
98 vr6 gti is what the wheels are going on
16x8 et 42 fronts (will be running 195/40/16)
16x9 et 41 rears (will be running 205/40/16)

what is the IDEAL offsets front & rear. I've searched, however have gotten some contradicting statements from a lot of posts. just wondering what kinda spacers im gonna need to buy for these

Modified by 4thTry at 3:17 PM 3-22-2010

· Registered
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: offset gurus...i need your help (4thTry)

as of right now the wheels have a front et of 38 & rear et of 50. I know i'd have to run spacers front & rear, just wondering what the final et would need to be

· Registered
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: offset gurus...i need your help (jonnygvr6)

scratch that. wheels i wanted are sold, so now i already bought a set of 16x8 et42 & 16x9 et 41. what about those sizes?
edited OP for clarification

· Registered
10,408 Posts
Re: offset gurus...i need your help (4thTry)

Quote, originally posted by 4thTry »
scratch that. wheels i wanted are sold, so now i already bought a set of 16x8 et42 & 16x9 et 41. what about those sizes?

spacing them 20mm front and rear will get you really close to where you want to be. And that spacer/adapter thickness is probably available in the classifieds

· Registered
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: offset gurus...i need your help (ShawnKay)

Quote, originally posted by ShawnKay »

spacing them 20mm front and rear will get you really close to where you want to be. And that spacer/adapter thickness is probably available in the classifieds

thank you http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.