VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

Registered
21 GTI SE
Wow - you're not messing around haha. 馃嵑 Congrats on the car - this will be one I'll follow....

Registered
Car is coming along amazing dude! Huge props to another 2door manual guy! Keep the updates coming! How about you make more than one of those rear strut bars for this 2door manual guy :-D

Registered
Discussion Starter #27
Car is coming along amazing dude! Huge props to another 2door manual guy! Keep the updates coming! How about you make more than one of those rear strut bars for this 2door manual guy :-D
thanks! I am looking at making more of them once I get the design finalized. I need to get going on that here soon.

Looking a little goofy with only the fronts on but hopefully have the rears on tonight or tomorrow night.

Registered
Ride height looks perfect in the front. You're making me wanna work on mine. Its been sitting in the garage all winter. Only mod I have done since Nov. was unhook the battery haha. I just got a mint sent of 7.5 tail lights I might toss on this weekend though! My daily B5 Passat has been a thorn in my side for a year now.

Registered
Discussion Starter #29
Ride height looks perfect in the front. You're making me wanna work on mine. Its been sitting in the garage all winter. Only mod I have done since Nov. was unhook the battery haha. I just got a mint sent of 7.5 tail lights I might toss on this weekend though! My daily B5 Passat has been a thorn in my side for a year now.
getting some rubbing but should be an easy fix I can sort tonight. Ha get out and get working!

This just came in the mail. Stage 3 daily

Registered
Discussion Starter #30
Well once again I had some issues fitting MK6 coilovers. The rear struts on the mk6 use a 14mm bolt and mk7 uses a 12mm. The mk6 ones are also much narrower so I machined some quick bushings out of delrin and now it perfect.

And now for some glory shots

Heres test fitting the front and rear spoilers now

Registered
2019 GTI Autobahn Deep Black Pearl
Awesome! How's she handle?

Registered
Discussion Starter #34
got a few different parts in the works for this car but here is a glimpse at one that's about to be sent out to get lasered out. A functional diffuser. Will have a second piece in front of it to cover under gas tank area and connect to OEM under panels. Might make all new under panels for the center section too or just one to cover the exhaust tunnel.

Registered
Discussion Starter #36
New top hats are on. Front and rear spoiler are now on with 3m tape!

I'm looking into upgrading to some BC DS dampers. they are a digressive Coilover and will improve handling. Will be a little more harsh but still good for daily driving. Also, cant wait for my swaybars to get here. Once they are on I'm going to switch to some swift springs and maybe go up in spring rate. at least in the rear.

Registered
2019 GTI Autobahn Deep Black Pearl
The pace is blinding! Keep it up man. Love the front spoiler. You seem to have a taste for subtle but slightly aggressive. Nice and clean.

Registered
Discussion Starter #38
The pace is blinding! Keep it up man. Love the front spoiler. You seem to have a taste for subtle but slightly aggressive. Nice and clean.
ha thankyou! I do love a little aggressive look but nothing too crazy. At least not on this car.

So this weekend I ended up ordering an EZ retrofit Digital Cluster which I'm beyond excited for. I also got Brake pads and stainless lines ordered so I can get my TTRS Brembos on.

I also started getting work done on my project car. Keeping the overall plan under wraps for now but about to be cutting the floor pan out from behind the front seats all the way back out. Its gonna be something different 馃榿

Registered
ha thankyou! I do love a little aggressive look but nothing too crazy. At least not on this car.

So this weekend I ended up ordering an EZ retrofit Digital Cluster which I'm beyond excited for. I also got Brake pads and stainless lines ordered so I can get my TTRS Brembos on.

I also started getting work done on my project car. Keeping the overall plan under wraps for now but about to be cutting the floor pan out from behind the front seats all the way back out. Its gonna be something different

View attachment 75873
Making it a coupe?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #40
Making it a coupe?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Nahhh 馃榿

In good news I got just my EBC red stuff pads in for the TTRS calipers. Stainless lines will be here tomorrow and then all I need to do is machine the brackets and paint the calipers. My swaybar kit finally shipped as well and will be here friday.

Im also super stoked for this to come in.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts