VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Rear wiper delete

View attachment 79050

Also pulled my rear seats. Will either buy or make a rear seat delete panel. Just depends on how we go about with the roll bar. I know my car is filthy too. My vac for the cars just broke and need to go down amd use car wash vacs asap.

View attachment 79053

Also ordered a Cobb accessport and a EQT stage 2 tune. Hoping to get the clutch in next weekend.

I also put up some feelers on my seats. I have a set of recaros Im tempted to pick up.
I just snagged 2 door after being in an accident with my last MK7 GTI. Was super excited to see this post after hopping on here. Let me know how you like EQT!

·
Registered
2019 GTI Autobahn Deep Black Pearl
78 Posts
Yeah I'm interested in EQT too. I probably won't tune until I'm closer to the end of my warranty, but I've basically narrowed it down to EQT or Unitronic. Definitely looking for OEM plus type stuff.

I love the look of the wiper delete. I couldn't do it because I love my rear wiper, but it looks good.

For the rear seat delete panel, since you are going to fab it yourself, how bout a container that fits the negative space and hinges to have a small storage space there? Could be nice to stash things you don't want in the open... :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah I'm interested in EQT too. I probably won't tune until I'm closer to the end of my warranty, but I've basically narrowed it down to EQT or Unitronic. Definitely looking for OEM plus type stuff.

I love the look of the wiper delete. I couldn't do it because I love my rear wiper, but it looks good.

For the rear seat delete panel, since you are going to fab it yourself, how bout a container that fits the negative space and hinges to have a small storage space there? Could be nice to stash things you don't want in the open... :)

I have to say, if you want OEM+, I reallllllly enjoyed having JB4 the two times I had it on my last GTI. The first time with just an intake, the second time with full stage 2 setup and wmi. I'm only going Cobb now because I have zero worries about warranty.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Ill for sure let you guys know how the EQT tune is. I've heard and seen some great reviews on it, so Im very stoked to get it on.

Im not sure what Im gonna do for the rear seat delete yet. I was gonna order from here, But I dont wanna drop $300 and then have to cut it up for a roll bar. So I think Im going to just make my own and then can modify it for the roll bar when we start making that.

As far as the control arms go I got them modified.

I needed to shorten this section by an inch somehow. Normally there is a Lock Nut right there. If I remove the lock nut and turn down the section after the threads it will let me thread that whole piece all the way in and shorten up that arm by an inch. Boom done in a couple min on the lathe.

I also got the paint in for the calipers so I think I might have them on later this week 😁 😁 😁

·
Registered
78 Posts
That's above my pay grade there. It's very cool that you have the experience and boldness to customize like that.

Cool keyboard.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Got some goodies in from Vibrant last week

I planned on running both but doing some tests I will not be running the muffler. With just the OEM res and the Vibrant ultra quiet res I really like the tone of the exhaust. It's a little louder than I want and has some resonance around 2k RPM so we are going to build a resonance chamber and see what that does. Otherwise, I love it, I could leave it how it is now even but if we are going through all this work anyways might as well try some cool stuff.

I know this looks a little weird and ghetto but I promise I have a plan. It will come together don't worry!

Also got this in last night. All I gotta say is WOW. EQT stage 2 pulls like a mofo. Had the dogs in my car yesterday and needs to be vacuumed out asap 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
29 Posts
Also got this in last night. All I gotta say is WOW. EQT stage 2 pulls like a mofo. Had the dogs in my car yesterday and needs to be vacuumed out asap 🤦‍♂️

View attachment 80985
I'm driving on the Cobb base stage 2 map right now, did you happen to try that out before going to EQT? Also, which EQT tune did you go with? There's not a lot of ethanol stations near me, but that E30 tune looks spicy.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I'm driving on the Cobb base stage 2 map right now, did you happen to try that out before going to EQT? Also, which EQT tune did you go with? There's not a lot of ethanol stations near me, but that E30 tune looks spicy.
No I didn't. I would like to try there e30 tune at some point tho, or a full e85

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #72 (Edited)
Haha, thanks guys appreciate it!

Now I'm not normally someone who gets upset from things people say. I could care less if you call me a ***** I'm not gonna do something. Well, I picked my buddy up to take him for a ride with the tune. Now I haven't had the time to get my clutch in but should in the next couple of weeks, so I can't go too crazy with it but still pulls pretty dang hard. After a few pulls, he says "I mean it pulls pretty good but not as hard as Aaron's 135" My buddy Aaron had a 135 that was a lot of fun but still stock turbos. Now I took that personally and there may or may not be some parts on the way now to make this thing faster. 🤦‍♂️ :ROFLMAO:

Also officially signed up for Udderly Euro and Euro District now too so excited to drive the GTI out for both of those!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well a 135 is a fast car. 4.8 sec 0-60 compared to the GTI at 5.7. Still, I would think after your tune they would be pretty close. And you can fit Aaron's 135 in your hatch!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Well a 135 is a fast car. 4.8 sec 0-60 compared to the GTI at 5.7. Still, I would think after your tune they would be pretty close. And you can fit Aaron's 135 in your hatch!
Yea he was a little under 400whp but the 135 also weighs like 400lbs more then my GTI. So with Golf R turbo it should be pretty dang close. Will never find out though as he traded it for a E36 M3, which although much slower, is a hella fun car to drive.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts