VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As anyone in the DC area is probably aware of, there's is some hellacious storming going on this afternoon. Just now, after about 30 minutes of torrential rain, hail and heavy wind I looked out the window and notice something...odd. All four windows in my car were rolled down and the alarm was armed. I never arm the alarm and I'm positive I didn't leave the windows down. All I can guess is that since it was raining so extremely hard some moisture got driven down into some regulator or switch or whatever that made all the windows go down AND armed the alarm. (Incidentally, that's what happens if I try to lock my doors lately, the alarm arms and the windows roll down) So, my entire interior is completely soaked and there's a nice layer of hailstones on the floorboards to boot.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Re: OH. MY. GOD. (scheissmacht)

I had a new 93 B3 VR6 and the regulators crapped out. The dealership replaced them (TSB was in effect). I think my problem happened on a rainy day too. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: OH. MY. GOD. (WVWLP7V)

some more happy news, after i mopped up that mess and headed off to work my ignition switch crapped out for good going down a parkway. 60 mph and my engine cuts off, the key no longer has a run position. luckily my roommate's girlfriend was around, she works for AAA and got me a free tow. i was planning on fixing that switch in another month or so anyway, i'm just forced to do it now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts