Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh this IS scary

I know my car's likely to have problems as it's one big eletronic beast,(of which I have been lucky so far), but for a more, rudimentary car, this stuff is amazing.
It just goes on and on.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com....html
Quote »
My car seemed like it wanted to stall when I stopped at the red light. I took it in to the dealership thinking it would be the best place to go. I asked them to tell me what the problem was and when they did to go ahead and fix it. They did and it cost me $1700. CDN. Six months later the EXACT same thing happened. I took it back since they 'guarantee' their work for one year.
They said something else was causing the same exact issue and I needed to spend more money to have the original problem refixed because something 'else' could be making my car have the exact same reaction and they refused to help me any further only to offer me 10% off any future work. My car is a Volkswagen Jetta 1.8 turbo 2000.
To pay $1700 for a ten year old car to have nothing fixed on it blew me away and I am still upset I would never never deal with the company or recommend anyone buy a Volkswagen. Not only do they refuse to recall something as in their door clips being plastic and breaking on everyone but they refuse to help you when they made a mistake I would like to go to the press with this it bothers me so.

Ouch!

Modified by wertmann at 5:02 AM 2-2-2010

·
Registered
122 Posts
people who don't know what they're doing. They rely on the dealership to fix they're broken parts. Pretty much everybody on this forum, or other vw enthusiasts, know how to work on sh!t themselves so they save money in the long run. I've had domestics and imports and I think vw is the best car I've ever owned so far!
"To each his own." Yeah know...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Double post but I just had to...
THIS is scary:
Maria of Long Beach, CA January 21, 2010
This is the 2nd time I checked my dip stick and my engine is out of oil again!!! The service advisor advised me to make sure that if I wait to take my car in on the next "manufacturer's recommended service date" that I check the engine oil level. Twice I have checked in between periods and my dip stick says I have no oil! WTF! I only have 24K miles and bought it in June 2008 and these problems are not only concerning but frustrating as hell! I have never had this problem with my Japanese cars, is it because my Jetta requires Synthetic oil and its a 2.0T???
Seriously what's wrong with these people? Complaining because of multiple blow outs? I don't think that a rim and a stock tire size is going to be the cause of blow outs...sounds more like a really idiotic driver to me. Who wants to join me and make a website with testimonials about how much we love our vw's and enjoy them and think their build quality for the price is phenomenal? I'm sick of all these bitchy people scaring people away from VW's...although probably doing all of us a favor...

Modified by VW Mk4Gasm at 9:25 AM 2-2-2010

·
Registered
20,398 Posts
Re: Oh this IS scary (wertmann)

doesnt suprise me, my local VW dealership is crap.... i had my car in for something and they went to align it and when they pulled it on the machine they hit my PS rack and broke it (THEY BROKE IT) and then they charged ME the money for fixing it even though it was clearly there fault. that was the last time i ever went there

·
Registered
698 Posts
Re: (VW Mk4Gasm)

Quote, originally posted by VW Mk4Gasm »
Dealerships are a joke, I will never trust anyone I don't know on a personal level to work on my car because plain and simple there are just too many idiots out there with a wrench

quoted for sig http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
33,221 Posts
Re: Oh this IS scary (wertmann)

OP....why are you posting in THIS fourm when you have a Phateon????

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.