VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grabbed a bottle of Meg's Gold Class at Wal-mart to try out as I'm never happy with waxes. John came over with his new 91 Jetta. The hood and driver's front fender looked very dry and powdery, almost white. I don't know what causes this, but John has hated it since he picked uo the car ans was getting deporessed about it(you know how it goes)
Anyway, had a gang car wash yesterday and applied a coat of the Meg's to a section of his hood...

In this pic you can almost see how ugly it was before the wax, behind the bottle. In front of the bottle is the section I waxed. Needless to say, John's very happy with the results, and now we're going to see how long the application lasts.
Any other ideas for paint restorers and waxes to use on mees up paint? The PO used one of those lipstick things you get off TV in the middle of the night to fill in scratches and they got it all over the black trim... Any fix for that?
Thanks guys

·
Registered
15,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Oh what a difference $6 makes... (Dr. Blingonian)

I'm tellin ya Ben, the stuff is like a miracle. But your car is black, so if you have something that works, stick with it...lol...Don't wanna change habits on a blac car unless you're positive

·
Registered
15,575 Posts
Re: Oh what a difference $6 makes... (SidRocco)

Thats pretty impressive...
Sean

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Re: Oh what a difference $6 makes... (EuroStyle)

Wow, your friend should keep a coat of wax on his car! That's a good commercial to show how BAD your car will get if you neglect it!
My sister bought an old Volvo that had some serious oxidation problems. We bought some rubbing compound and went to work on that bad boy. Try that on your friend's car, it should get even better.
1)medium cut rubbing compound
2)fine cut RC
3) Then wax...
ROB

·
Registered
370 Posts
Re: Oh what a difference $6 makes... (rtmeikle)

thats very impressive..im thinkin i should pick some of that up when i run out of zymol

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
Re: Oh what a difference $6 makes... (cleanvdub)

dude, are you playing with us? did you do any prep work to the paint before you waxed. that is a huge difference
i am assuming their is no clear coat on the car, am i right?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Re: Oh what a difference $6 makes... (SidRocco)

I just picked some of that up today and just used it. I am very impressed! Unfortunately here in Canada its about double the price ($20 -- about $13US!)
oh well.. still worth every penny!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts