VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, longtime lurker here, first time poster. I'm 21 now and ready to finally get a car of my own, and I've got some serious wood for a classic hot hatch, specifically one from my birth year that's for sale near me: A 1992 Ford Aspire. Is is true that the SE trim level got the Mclaren F1 engine?

I'm going to go look at it tomorrow. This car would be a serious step up for me. Right now I'm riding my dad's V8 Honda Gold Wing, which sucks in the winter. (plus I drop it a lot, lol, don't tell Dad.) Dad said he'll let me do a V10 swap into it though, if I can find a decent junkyard example (the Excursion V10 is a bolt-on for this bike), but I'd really rather get into something warmer for the spring and next fall/winter. Supposedly the heat in this Aspire works, we shall see...

Also, will it be a problem registering the car with a revoked license? Damn pigs keep busting me for DUI; in December I barely got an aggravated DUI charge reduced before it went to trial; I would have gone to the joint for that one. Mom and Dad are pissed about paying the lawyer, lol. But I paid my fines, got another job for now, and am ready to get back on the road in something I can finally outrun the cops in. The sheriff's cops here just got Chargers with the SRT-8; those things are badass, but this Aspire SE would leave even those in the dust. Why spend $50K on a new sports car when you can get a classic like this for $800? People are stupid.

Sorry, I can't abide by Rule #1 because I dropped my phone in the toilet last night when I was drunk, lol, and the Aspire's being sold by an old coot who doesn't trust "this here newfangled internet thing." What sayeth TCL about these badboys? Anyone own one of these 12 cylinder beasts?

·
Premium Member
3,568 Posts
I really hope this is a ****ing troll.

2/10. Try harder next time.
Either way, I think the OP is trying too hard. This is just... I don't want to chase off a noob, but I'm not sure anyone could be this stupid. (thinks back to age 21) On second thought, um, yeah...

·
Super Moderator
16,372 Posts
I see where this one is headed....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.