VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 378 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Photo courtesy of Mike Kippen

Hey all, I figured it was about time to make a build thread.

Air Setup:
- E Level
- Dual 444s
- Airlift Slam XL Front
- Dorbitz Sway Bar Brackets
- K-Sport Adjustable Endlinks
- SS-5 Rear w/ D-Cups
- 5 gallon Tank
- 4 Flow Controls
- 2 SMC Water Traps
- Bilstein Sports

Wheels & Tires:
- Work Rezax I
- Hankook Evo V12

Engine:
- APR Stage 2
- APR Stage 2 Carbonio Intake
- APR Downpipe

Future:
- Projectors/HID
- Shaved Rear (possibly)
- Badgeless Grille (possibly)

Old Wheels:

Plenty on inner clearance with 10s :laugh:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:wave:

What wheels?
Haven't decided for sure, but I'm looking at ordering some CCW LM20's. I want to run at least 9.5s in the rear preferably 10s. Finding high offsets is another tricky thing, which is limiting me to look at custom 3 piece wheels or running Porsche wheels with adapters. I've been looking at a few sets of Porsche Twists as possibly a temporary option until I figure out what I want to do. :beer:

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
Haven't decided for sure, but I'm looking at ordering some CCW LM20's. I want to run at least 9.5s in the rear preferably 10s. Finding high offsets is another tricky thing, which is limiting me to look at custom 3 piece wheels or running Porsche wheels with adapters. I've been looking at a few sets of Porsche Twists as possibly a temporary option until I figure out what I want to do. :beer:
NICE! I've been waiting for this thread to pop up! Can't wait to see everything get going...

And by the way...if you are looking for Twists, I have a set of Hollow Spokes sitting around. Let me know if you're interested. They're 18x10 et65 in the rear, and 18x7.5 et55 in the front I believe. With 15 or 20 mm adapters you'll be sitting just right. ;)

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NICE! I've been waiting for this thread to pop up! Can't wait to see everything get going...

And by the way...if you are looking for Twists, I have a set of Hollow Spokes sitting around. Let me know if you're interested. They're 18x10 et65 in the rear, and 18x7.5 et55 in the front I believe. With 15 or 20 mm adapters you'll be sitting just right. ;)
Thanks, can't wait to finally get the ball rolling

I may be in touch with you about those twists :D do you have the adapters as well?

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Well ****goddamn :beer:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well ****goddamn :beer:
:laugh:

So I was took a little time to get an idea of how I want the trunk to look...so far this is what I'm leaning towards:

Still gotta figure out the air line routing and management placement, etc. I want to keep the spare if possible...

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Small little update, got my K Sport Adjustable Endlinks. Also spent yesterday making a template for the management system. I'll be putting the management under the spare tire, making the spare still useable.

Got a little busy yesterday, so didn't get around to cutting it, but the template is ready to go. I was originally thinking about cutting out the middle portion because of the little spot where the spare tire mount goes, but I think I'm just going to raise the board up to sit flush with the mount and run wires underneath to keep it clean. In the end i'll most likely just cut out the big circle.

More to come, still waiting on my rear shocks, rear bags and sway bar brackets.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Things are going really slow...I'm still waiting on my rear bags and shocks. The SS-5s and Bilsteins are both out of stock at the moment so who knows when I'll be getting them in, hopefully next couple weeks.

On another note, I think I just found some wheels. Hopefully picking them up Saturday! :) Getting nasty.

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
Things are going really slow...I'm still waiting on my rear bags and shocks. The SS-5s and Bilsteins are both out of stock at the moment so who knows when I'll be getting them in, hopefully next couple weeks.

On another note, I think I just found some wheels. Hopefully picking them up Saturday! :) Getting nasty.
drop it already! can't wait to see this thing slammed with the wheels on. :cool:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
drop it already! can't wait to see this thing slammed with the wheels on. :cool:
I know, I know! I just need those rear bags and struts (as well as adapters and tires). BagRiders said hopefully within a couple weeks they should be getting in a shipment of SS-5s!!!! Can't wait, just got my sway bar brackets and adjustable endlinks too. So everything else is pretty much good to go.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I know, I know! I just need those rear bags and struts (as well as adapters and tires). BagRiders said hopefully within a couple weeks they should be getting in a shipment of SS-5s!!!! Can't wait, just got my sway bar brackets and adjustable endlinks too. So everything else is pretty much good to go.
awesome man which endlinks did you go with?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
im getting those as well
still waiting on my brackets

supposedly someone stole dorbritz's laptop while he was traveling
so he lost all the orders?:rolleyes::rolleyes::laugh:
Oh damn thats crazy, my brackets came in yesterday. Hopefully you get those soon :beer:

1 - 20 of 378 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.