VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i got this 1985 mk2 gti with a lightly tuned 3.6 vr6 in it just wondering my o2j With a lsd has chosen it don’t what to be a transmission anymore just wondering if it whould be worth going with a o2m and finding lsd to go with it or whould it be worth just getting a built o2j and one more thing dose anyone have working power steering In a swapped vr6 mk2 or no if so tell me how u did it please any info would help Thx lads

·
Registered
'91 GLI, '98 Vr6 GTI, '17 Golf R
869 Posts
I've driven a Mk2 swapped 2.8 Vr6, I can only imagine what your car is like. Must be a beast. I think you're expecting too much out of that 02J. From what I'm seeing a stock 3.6 is putting out 300hp, with some tuning you're putting out more. The best thing to do is probably figure out what tranny the 3.6 used to use and use that, since it would be built to handle it. I found this online.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've driven a Mk2 swapped 2.8 Vr6, I can only imagine what your car is like. Must be a beast. I think you're expecting too much out of that 02J. From what I'm seeing a stock 3.6 is putting out 300hp, with some tuning you're putting out more. The best thing to do is probably figure out what tranny the 3.6 used to use and use that, since it would be built to handle it. I found this online.

Cheers mate This info helps a lot

·
Registered
869 Posts
dame she sure is expensive dame near more than my car any cheaper options lol do u think a built o2j work or no
I'm pretty sure a 02j was never mated to a 300hp engine. Maybe somebody could build one that would take the power. You'll have to look around. A built tranny seems like it would cost more than a stock tranny? But my son is saying they only put 3.6 Vr6's in Porsche's. So that's probably not cheap either?

·
Registered
869 Posts

Take a look at this link. And yes, that's probably an uncommon combination that engine in that car. Sounds awesome though!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

Take a look at this link. And yes, that's probably an uncommon combination that engine in that car. Sounds awesome though!
Ya she is a riot she only is like 2100 pounds Or 940 kilos for u brits ya, I’m trying to look for a built o2j now i still don’t know what year the motor is, oh and I’m pretty sure they put the 6.3 Is in the bigger Touareg i might be wrong tho, and to be honest i think its all the torque is What shredded the o2j

·
Registered
869 Posts
My first watercooled VW was a 1985 2 door Golf, Dark Blue. Had all the Neuspeed sway bars underneath, upper strut bar and Corrado springs with Bilstein HD struts. Short shifter, lightened flywheel, and a 16v clutch and pressure plate. It only had the 1.8L 8v so it wasn't super fast, but handled like a go-cart. So yeah, that light a car with that much power must rip.
In terms of strength tho do you thik a o2m could handle it better or no not, really im Hope that a o2m could fit on a 6.3 i have read its a bit more resilient to power and if so can i get one with a lsd ?

Give this a read. Somebody probably makes a LSD for about any tranny you would want to use. Personally I don't have any experience with the 02M. I think my last three manual cars have/had the 02J and my Golf R has the DSG.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.