I have a 2000 VR6 Eurovan and recently completed the needed service. I need to reset the LCD oil change service message in the instrument panel, but I don't know the code to reset this. Does anyone know the correct code to reset this message?
1. press and hold the trip odometer reset button.
2. turn on ignition key.
3. release trip odo button. (trip odo should say "service oil")
before you do step 4, if your service reminder has been "service insp", not "service oil", then you have to press the trip odo button once more, so "service oil" changes to "service insp"....
4. turn the digital clock adjust knob to the right, until the trip odo reads "service ----"
5. release digital clock adjust knob.
6. turn off ignition key.
7. turn the ignition key on and you should have the normal trip odo display.
you may need to do this a couple times to get it to work...
[Modified by David R. Hendrickson, 1:08 AM 12-5-2002]
A forum community dedicated to all Volkswagen owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, builds, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, new releases, and more!