VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this oil filter. Still in the box, sliding around in my trunk. Is it still good or should I just go buy another? I dont know if there are any pieces inside that could be dislodge and cause it to not function properly. And before any says just go buy a new one. Sometimes I buy things and they sit in my trunk. I am sure we all do that. So was just looking for some advice. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Re: Oil filter rolling around in the trunk. IS it still good? (CruisVW)

quote:[HR][/HR]I have had this oil filter. Still in the box, sliding around in my trunk. Is it still good or should I just go buy another? I dont know if there are any pieces inside that could be dislodge and cause it to not function properly. And before any says just go buy a new one. Sometimes I buy things and they sit in my trunk. I am sure we all do that. So was just looking for some advice. Thanks.
[HR][/HR]​
It should be fine. Just visually inspect it and make sure nothing inside is rattling around. I really doubt that it has been damaged.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.