VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So lately, my car has been leaking a serious amount of oil. It appears as if its coming from the oil filter flange and running down the block in great quantities. I found one archived thread where a guy had a similar leak and someone suggested the oil pressure sensor (the white one on top of the flange). I took mine out and from what I see it looks ok just dirty. Could enough oil blow out of this sensor to cause a major leak? Thanks for any help
pic for views:

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Re: Oil from pressure sensor? (SilberBora02)

It's probably the o-ring between the oil cooler and the oil filter flange. Although both that and my pressure senders were leaking. The senders were cracked and oil was leaking through on both of them. It was pretty weird. Good luck.

·
Registered
10,616 Posts
Re: Oil from pressure sensor? (CrazyMonkey)

yes the sensor can leak quite a bit if it's leaking, the pressure will guarantee a good flow of oil out of the connector area..at least that's what happened to me.

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Oil from pressure sensor? (vwtoys)

Well I'm gonna go ahead and replace it and see. Shiit, for $7.80 I can't go wrong; I just hope this takes care of it.

·
Registered
22,718 Posts
Re: Oil from pressure sensor? (SilberBora02)

when mine started leaking, if you revved the car under the hood, you could see it geyser out from around the connector, not an unheard-of thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts