VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres what I am getting: boost, oil temp, and oil pressure guages.
Heres how I will install the oil guages.
I will buy the remote mount sending unit kit. A hose screws into location where the factory oil sending unit was (#12) THis will provide 2 sending unit inputs!
I will install the guage sending units (pressure and temp) in this remote mount.
I will than remove the allen #10 screw on the fliter mount and re-install the factory sending unit to avoid idiot lights.
How does my plan sound? is this the right way, or should I mount the temp guage in #10 fitting and the factory sending unit and (new guage) pressure unit in the remote mount?
Or does it not really matter?
Thanks for your input (in advance)

·
Registered
565 Posts
Re: Oil guage install. check my strategy please. (NOVA337)

i used #10 for my temp sensor.. remote for pressure and stock. I think u're better off buying the kit from 42 designs. just so u know... getting to #10 is quite difficult but tightening the temp sensor in it is even worse. I ended up taking off the bracket of the gray connector above #10(there is a 10mm bolt to the left), then used a 5mm allen key to get #10 loose(PITA!!!). Another tip is not to use teflon tape. I bought permatex Ultra copper gasket sealer which is sensor save. I only bought that because I needed that for my powergasket install later... but u can use a cheaper sealant. Hope you have small hands...

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Oil guage install. check my strategy please. (trustnoone)

Ok, thanks for the tips. I will get a gasket sealer instead of teflon tape. thankyou.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts