VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Oil in distributor cap and and again after replacement.....

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  53PL-50AAA-VW611BAN 
#1 ·
I seem to have oil in my distributor cap annually in my 16v. I believe it’s the o-ring that goes bad ultimately and it’s difficult to find that replacement, so you have to buy the whole thing (as I believe), is something else causing this?

Also, I just changed my sparked plugs and saw a bit of oil on a spark plug. Might I have something else going on, VC leak?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 ·
I think this has been covered ad nauseum in the Scirocco forum but it's the internal O-Ring causing oil to leak inside the distributor.

You have to knock out the roll pin and pull the distributor apart.

I could not get the roll pin in mine to budge but I don't have a vise.

I ended up buying a new Bosch distributer for not much more than the cost of an imitation.

If you manage to pull yours apart, you might as well replace the pickup while you are in there:

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/vw...ransmitter-kit-scirocco-golf-jetta-1237010039

The outer O-Ring should also be replaced periodically. Those and the valve cover gaskets should be available from VW parts sources.

If it's not squirting oil into the distributor like you opened an artery, you can wait for a VW or Bosch distributor.

7905205P is the VW part number (from 7zap) but I can't find it online.

I am sending you a PM

-Eric

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.