VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm replacing my oil pan gasket and needed to know if I needed to use the grey permatex silicone sealant along with it. Or do I just clean both surfaces and bolt together?
BTW would violently breaking my front mount cause my main seal or rear seal to get disturbed or damaged in any way so that it leaked? I really can't tell where all the oil is leaking from. I'm just changing the obvious gasket first, because anything above the pan looks basically dry compared to the pan. There are also drip marks on the ground in front of the pan as well as between the engine and tranny. Thanks for any insight.

·
Registered
10,616 Posts
Re: Oil pan gasket (Mk2JettaGLi)

might be unrelated. But I just had to change the damn pressure switch (low pressure) on the filter flange. oil was oozing out from there and wetted my oil pan and dripped on the driveway. I've not seen a oil pan gasket go though.

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Re: Oil pan gasket (Mk2JettaGLi)

oil pan gasket you can use the rubber one from a Corrado, and since it's bolted in, there are no studs to replace

Shouldn't need any sealant. Do scrape both sides completely clean, then wipe the surfaces off with acetone or laquer thinner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.