VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to put a new oil pan on my 2002 1.8T. At times, I generate enough cornering force to concern me with oil starvation, and that kills the fun. The only oil pans I can find for an A4 are on Autotech's website. I'd like to see more of a selection when I choose to buy, but I can't seem to find more than one vendor that even carries competition oil pans. Extra oil capacity would be very nice. Can anyone point me to where I might find different oil pans with baffles to keep the oil at the pickup tube, no matter what? I am not really concerned with a scraper tray that keeps excess oil off the crank; I want maximum lubrication at the expense of a few horsepower. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Re: Oil pans with oil baffles, where can I find them? (Super1.8T)

Schrick is the only company i know that has made an aftermarket oil pan for the VW's. i have been told that their pan will NOT fit the 1.8T motor. its for the 16v and possibly the 2.0's.
try http://www.autotech.com

[Modified by FreeStage3, 7:35 AM 1-30-2003]

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Oil pans with oil baffles, where can I find them? (FreeStage3)

Made some calls. TT's pan will not fit the 1.8T's. Perhaps I will have to make my own? I'd rather not, but looks like there is no choice. Maybe TTSchwing could help
I bet he could fabricate something up.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Re: Oil pans with oil baffles, where can I find them? (Super1.8T)

OEM setp already contains a baffle system. It is attached to the end of the pump, and hangs down into the pan.

[Modified by Lief, 6:49 PM 1-31-2003]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.