VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I run 20w50 or my oil light comes on and after my engine is warm the buzzer will go off. I have a electronic oil pressure gauge, the gauge is fine. I started my car and it shot up a little past 90 psi, and runs at 90 psi while driving and about 40psi at idle. engine is new, oil pump is new. Reason im asking is because my old engine the oil pressure shot up to 150psi and was blowing oil filter seals. hence the reason i have a new engine. anyone got an idea??

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Re: Oil Pressure issues (JediKGB)

Invest in the Autometer manual oil pressure gauge. Shouldn't be more than $50 and you don't have to deal with all the sensors anymore.
VW knew we'd all stick gauges on everything because there's blankouts everywhere to install them.
You should have 2 allen plugs on your oil filter flange. Unless you have a cabby then you'd only have one because the other one is already used.
My VDO electric oil pressure gauge pegs out when I start the car but at idle it says I only have 8lbs of oil pressure. It's said that since I installed it and nothing has blow up yet. That's why I got the manual gauge so I know for sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.