VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Re: Oil pressure sender (allstarmaterial)

Pull apart the sensor and the wire. Not the wire literally, but you will know what I mean when you look at it. Then use a deep socket wrench to take it out.

Modified by Nessal at 1:37 PM 2-14-2004

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Re: Oil pressure sender (Nessal)

yeah you need a special socket to remove it as well as a flex joint can get it at any hardware store

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Oil pressure sender (tsuter)

Ok, so I got everything in, time to wire up. Is the dimmer switch power cable enough to supply power to boost/oil p/oil temp? If not, then what do I wire the other two up to?
Also, on the oposite side of the sender input(oil gauges), that wire will run to the middle wire on the dimmer switch?

Modified by allstarmaterial at 8:08 PM 2-14-2004

·
Registered
590 Posts
Re: Oil pressure sender (allstarmaterial)

Here is the wiring with "10 easy steps" for the dimmer switch connection.
http://forums.newbeetle.org/sh...h+tap
And a picture:

edit: It is Ok to use a common or "floating" ground rather than two separate grounds as in the drawing. There is a good ground right near the ECM... see bolt into frame.

Modified by tsuter at 10:06 AM 2-15-2004

·
Registered
590 Posts
Re: Oil pressure sender (tsuter)

If you don't go to the radio lead for your switched power go to the 75X wire. It is very easy to access.

Remove the black plastic panel above the pedals, then look up towards the front left and you'll see a power strip with a bunch of red cables connected to it. The last one, nearest the firewall is the 75X black/yellow wire which is ignition switched.
Use a ring end to connect to it. Not a wire tap like for the dimmer control.
This is for gauge power not light dimmers. 12Volt gauge, Oil Pressure etc. Boost gauge(mechanical) requires no power. See drawing above.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts