VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well any idea's??? I rev abov 2200 and my oil light starts blinking and buzzing???? and when i jump start my car, let it idle so the battery will charge it will sjut off after a while!! Is this a bad alternator. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
12,784 Posts
Re: oil pressure switch and the car is shutting off??? (almostAvr6C)

yes..i had the same problem back when i had my 1.8 motor in the car..i would even let the car charge with the jumper cables on for like a LONG time..take them off..let the car run..or even try to move it..it would die..replaced the alternator and it went away. Like $110 at autozone or around the same price at your local pep boys or such store. look for ones with lifetime warranties. get a new battery while your at it too since yours probablly drained way too low. might as well. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
22,718 Posts
Re: oil pressure switch and the car is shutting off??? (MyBlackGti)

bad alternator, the oil pressure is likely seperate thing, likely just the switch ontop of the filter flange, worry about that after u got it running right though.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: oil pressure switch and the car is shutting off??? (The_Hamster)

thanks alot! You have answered a few questions for me before and they have all been right! Well there is 2 switches on the filter flange. is it the one closest to the block or the one closest to the radiator. I have the MFA so i think one of them is for the oil temp for that. Thanks for the help!! again!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts