VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
91 8v golf gl, my oil light came on. Had it towed home. Ran an oil pressure gauge at both sensors and my pressure slowly dropped. So that tells me that my pump has failed me. Is there a real difference between the 1.8 pump and the 2.0 pump? Germanautoparts.com says that it goes from 30mm to 36mm. Where do y'all get your pumps from?

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
91 8v golf gl, my oil light came on. Had it towed home. Ran an oil pressure gauge at both sensors and my pressure slowly dropped. So that tells me that my pump has failed me. Is there a real difference between the 1.8 pump and the 2.0 pump? Germanautoparts.com says that it goes from 30mm to 36mm. Where do y'all get your pumps from?
yes, there is a difference, buy the ABA 2.0 pump...i run it myself on my 91 Digi 8v...straight drop in part...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I get the first one does it eliminate the second one or are both required? I would like to get the first one.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
If you're going to be in there, you might as well put in the baffle and the windage tray, but I'm not sure that these statements are correct - I've been told that the windage tray's main purpose is to reduce parasitic loss from the crankshaft dipping into the oil at high RPM. Anybody?

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
the first part, the windage tray, isnt necessary unless you track your car...i have it installed cause I got one for free, it doesnt do anything noticeable at all...

your car should already have the second one installed on your old pump...shouldnt be necessary unless your old one is broken....

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
the first part, the windage tray, isnt necessary unless you track your car...i have it installed cause I got one for free, it doesnt do anything noticeable at all...

your car should already have the second one installed on your old pump...shouldnt be necessary unless your old one is broken....
THIS. I didn't rationalize my last post- just having unbridled insanity right here in my Property Management Office!

·
Registered
31,315 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts