VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently took aout my car after a long time of being parked. The car was in an accident in the front. After turning on the engine on the mornings and running it for a while i see that the oil light turns when the car is idle, when i push the gas it turns of, so i changed the little oil valves that goes in the block, but nothing, i´m planning on changing the oil pump, thinking this may be the problem.
The guy that sales parts in my town says he has a super heavy duty oil pump and it goes for 26 dolars.
I´m not sure to buy this, could it couse any problem to the oir radiatios or any other thing? My car it´s stock 1600cc, no modifications.
Could there by other cause to the problem?
ohh and it´s a 1974 Type 1.
Thanks http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
906 Posts
Re: Oil Punp (kherrerab)

two things......either it is just getting old and up there in mileage and the motor needs to be rebuild, or the pump could in fact be going bad (teeth in the back getting worn down, not as tight, etc......) also we are coming into summer what weight oil are you using? you should be at least using straight weight 30, if not 40 weight.....if you are using 10w30, pour that crap out, i don't even use that for my lawnmower.........and no a high po pump won't harm anything......just stay away from the mellings pumps, unless you like oil leaks......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts