VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my buddy and i have the same problem...he has a 93 vr6 and i have the 92 vr6.........oil temps are normal, but when the head lights are on.............they jump up 15 - 20 degrees??? wtf? then you shut the lights off and they drop? anyone know what gremlin this is?

· Registered
882 Posts
try checking the ground connection on your - battery post.. i have seen a similar problem where the oil temps go up for some reason, but when you tighten down the ground connections, the problem goes away..
beenana

· Registered
7,729 Posts
Re: (beenana)

def a ground problem. They are prolly on the same ground circuit. Clean the grounds directly off the gauges, as well as the battery terminals, and all other grounds in the engine bay.
-Greg

· Registered
1,032 Posts
Re: (slccorradoitaliano)

hah... shhh... now its running very coooooool... but still everytime i turn the head lights on it'll jump +16º, have hit over 290º with headlights on, turn headlights off ~2 min later temps drops to ~210º...

now, last weekend driving to BugJam, doing 80mph i was seeing ~168º for oil most of the times and it would go down to 160º sometimes...
coolant temps were around 160º as well...
Leo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.