VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Re: (sphipps)

Come on, this is a joke. 96 bids! No way. I don't care if that car comes with a solid gold engine, there is no way it is worth that much money.
Carl

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Re: (DRGSR)

Quote, originally posted by DRGSR »
Come on, this is a joke. 96 bids! No way. I don't care if that car comes with a solid gold engine, there is no way it is worth that much money.
Carl

it's a collector car.
that said, what a waste of car. i just hate garage queens. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
38,608 Posts
Re: OK, another six figure muscle car. (mx5er)

man, now a car like that is destined to be in a museum or private collection. that thing is like a time warp!
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

obin

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Re: (346cid)

I still don't get it. Here in Detroit, you can see beautifully restored muscle cars EVERYWHERE. I mean, they look like they just rolled off the assembly line. So, if I can wander down the street and pick up an awesome looking Chevelle for $20,000, why would I even consider spending $300,000 on a 26 mile old car?
Of course, I would spend $15,000 on a 1990 CRX in a second if it had 26 miles and a warranty.
The DR

·
Banned
5,347 Posts
Re: OK, another six figure muscle car. (Obin Robinson)

there are Camaro SS's and Z06's sitting in garages right now waiting for the same thing

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Re: OK, another six figure muscle car. (All_Texan)

The whole point is this is the least mileage factory Chevelle in the World, like everything else in the World that is rare there is a huge demand for it from the Muscle car public and guess what that equalls, yes 300k. I totally understand why its soo expensive and if i had the money to throw i would buy it. I wouldnt buy it cause i like it, it would be for investment purposes only. That is one object that will never lose money, ever (of course in its current shape).

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Re: (MKII GTI)

Quote, originally posted by MKII GTI »
Obviously a collecters car and definitely not for everyone.

No kidding. Even with seeing the very high prices generated at the latest Barrett-Jackson auctions, IMHO...
...whoever paid that price has money to burn. Crazy.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts