VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sure, every car afficionado is a great driver. NOT!!. I consider myself a good driver but I stink at parallel parking...backing up is not my strong suit. What's your weakness? and don't say driving straight.....LOL

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Re: Ok, be a man and confess your driving deficiencies (speedracer3)

i am sooo used to driving an manual trans car.. that every time i drive an auto i always SLAM!!!!! the double wide brake pedal when backing up and doing from reverse to drive.... sometimes when slowing down too but not usually

ohh and i tend to only let the turn signal flash once when changing lanes...

[Modified by VwG60Kid, 2:42 PM 4-11-2002]

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Re: Ok, be a man and confess your driving deficiencies (VwG60Kid)

Not signaling while reading the newspaper, checking my email, shaving, unwrapping a cheeseburger, peeling an orange and talking on the cell phone at the same time. Im sure you all have done this before.

·
Registered
32,359 Posts
Re: Ok, be a man and confess your driving deficiencies (2lowA4)

quote:[HR][/HR]Hmmmm, I cant seem to chirp the tires going into third
[HR][/HR]​
Did you know that you have a quattro?

Well, my weakness is that I don't have self control if I have a fast car under me. And I suck in towns that I'm not familiar with.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Re: Ok, be a man and confess your driving deficiencies (Y2KRICEBOY)

Hey dork, you sure you don;t live in Dubai?
I generally brake too early for corners and lose time on entry, but in my defense my exit speed is good, which makes me hard to overtake. Oh, you mean on the street? Never mind...
I occasionally leave a full car length to the car ahead, purely through inattention, which forces the car behind to swerve across three lanes and back again so he can get into that one-car-length gap. And you wondered why the highway death rate is so high in the Middle East...it's all my fault (Iwish!)

·
Registered
980 Posts
Re: Ok, be a man and confess your driving deficiencies (CanuckPal)

I tend to drive the speedlimit in town.
I also tend to flow with traffic on the freeway.
I also take every corner and offramp as fast as possible. I keep mental records of personal bests for several choice off-ramps.

All of this really, really pisses my wife off.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Re: Ok, be a man and confess your driving deficiencies (Dubai Vol)

What chu talkin' bout?
I thought it was the rice filter, but guess not.
quote:[HR][/HR]OK, what's going on? I typed the name of a poster above and it came out dork. Not funny[HR][/HR]​

[Modified by pallison14, 11:57 AM 4-11-2002]

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
.'

I don't pay speeding tickets in the US, is that a deficiency? The way I figure, if you pay them, it just encourages the cops to write them. Negative feedback and civil disobedience. Be warned that this tactic does entail the occasional visit to the police station. Which costs them money. Stick it to the man!

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Re: Ok, be a man and confess your driving deficiencies (pallison14)

Oh boy, I have a nice "sheet."
I sometimes leave the hand brake on, after being parked or on a hill.
I generally suck at doing anything with a manual transmission.
I speed, at bad times and places.
I do stupid stuff, like the time I punched it coming off a circular off-ramp in the rain in 3rd and my back end kicked out. I'll never do that agian (RWD)
I can't parallel park in a manual.
At least I don't talk ont he phone, eat, or drink anymore. And I always signal and I am very aware of my surroudnings.
Oh, I ran from a cop one time, but it didn't count since when he turned around to go after me, he didn't have his lights on and I ducked into some small backroads to a subdivision of houses http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Natty
And I suck at a manual too

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Re: Ok, be a man and confess your driving deficiencies (DohRado)

I sometimes suck at the 1-2 upshift.
Im accelerating hard approaching 6k rpms, when I shift from 1st to 2nd, I get this slight "pause" from the engine. I don't know if my timing is way off from letting OFF the clutch and ON the gas. But this pisses me off to no end. Anyone else know what im talking about????
It only seems to happen to my Jetta though. It never happened to my B3 16v Passat, and I revved that thing high EVERYTIME (you need to
), and always got pretty good upshifts.
I don't know....
"I STINK" - Jim Norton.

[Modified by DownShift, 4:08 PM 4-11-2002]

·
Registered
704 Posts
Re: Ok, be a man and confess your driving deficiencies (DohRado)

I tend to tailgate people who cut me off on the highway. probably not the best way to avoid a road rage incident, but if feels good.
and of course the old Ted Nugent line applies.... "I Can't Drive 55"
-randy

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.