VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to fill up the tank today and noticed this station (same chain) had the
gas labeled as: 89, 93, 87. I've seen the same chain labeled at other stations as 87, 89, 93. I only assumed highest was on the right (not). Anyhow, it pays for an old man to pay attention.

· Registered
9,111 Posts
Re: (mike0r)

Quote, originally posted by mike0r »
what would 87 really do?

It would interfere with timing and performace as well as reduce your gas mileage.
I know a quite froogle fellow who only runs regular in his VR6.

· Registered
1,187 Posts
Re: (MiaGTI_118T)

Quote, originally posted by MiaGTI_118T »

It would interfere with timing and performace as well as reduce your gas mileage.

· Registered
1,517 Posts

You should tell that guy that the Fuel mileage on High Test Gas will make up for the difference in price.
Believe it I "had" to do regular in my car once and i got about 50 fewer KMS out of the that tank of fuel.
Jamie

· Registered
289 Posts

You only need to use regular in a vr6. Putting super unleaded is just a waste of money. The vr6 is not a high compression engine. This is what i always thought and heard.

· Registered
3,027 Posts
Re: (jettajake00)

holly poop dont tell me you almost put 87 octane in ! the sight of it will make your motor detinate and it will go up in flames .. best bet is to get some sand and run it threw your motor so it iwll extrude hone your intake and exhaust mani http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
2,657 Posts
Re: (JettaKnightVR6)

Quote, originally posted by JettaKnightVR6 »

You only need to use regular in a vr6. Putting super unleaded is just a waste of money. The vr6 is not a high compression engine. This is what i always thought and heard.

Read the owners manual

Don't make me scan it

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.