VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my friend tells me today tht he was driving behind me and saw a lot of smoke coming out of my car, well not a lot but enough to make you think, ya know. and every once and a while i can smell gas when i come out of my car or stop it.
so im panicing, is my headgasket going to blow, i have a little uppere noise on my car if that makes a differenc and only 50 k miles on it. idle is kinda ruff.
need advice, help, maybe a miracle.
how much is a new headgasket?
i need a
real bad

·
Registered
783 Posts
Re: ok, headgasket panic!!! (NVmyVW)

You might be smelling gas because your fuel line is leaking. Check the hoses that go to the fuel rail/ injectors. It's pretty common for those to leak on the vr6. You'll most likely notice them leaking when you first switch the igniton on for the first time. Switch the ignition on and check them for leaks. Put some better hose clamps on them if they're leaking.
Also what kind of gas mileage are you getting? The smoke might be from your car running rich. As for the rough idle, check all your air hose for cracks or leaks.
Hope this helps.

[Modified by Corrado4Life, 2:29 PM 11-27-2001]

·
Registered
14,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: ok, headgasket panic!!! (Corrado4Life)

ok ill check the fuel rails tomorrow morning.
on the highway i get about 22 miles to the gallon, tooling around town i get anywhere between 13.5 and 18 or 19 mpg.
ill check the hoses and lines tomorrow where are they?
thanks for all the help guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.