VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the motor mounts the same? What about bell housing patterns? Starter and other accessory mounting locations? Hans anyone looked into this?

·
Registered
18,550 Posts
Re: OK here goes...Difference between blocks: R32 vs Toureg? (SilberArrow6)

R32 has the engine mounted transversely.
Touareg has the engine mounted longitudinally.
They can't share the same mount points.
ian

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Re: OK here goes...Difference between blocks: R32 vs Toureg? (Daemon42)

Touareg ass shots.

Modified by atoson at 4:02 PM 1-16-2004

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Re: OK here goes...Difference between blocks: R32 vs Toureg? (SilberArrow6)

I am sure that they haven't casted the blocks any different between the 2. they may not use the same mounts but but the mounts will bolt to the different ones the same. Audi/VW transverse 1.8ts are adaptable to longit. just use the mounts per application. It is even possible to mount a 4cyl 1.8t to the Audi V-6(not vr6) tranny as I have done this before

Of course visual comformation is always nice.. so if somebody has seen the 2 (R32/Toureg) side by side chime in...

Modified by WasserTuner at 12:28 PM 1-16-2004

·
Registered
18,550 Posts
Re: OK here goes...Difference between blocks: R32 vs Toureg? (WasserTuner)

Remember one of the mounts is on the tranny, which is clearly totally different.
ian

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Re: OK here goes...Difference between blocks: R32 vs Toureg? (WasserTuner)

Quote, originally posted by WasserTuner »
It is even possible to mount a 4cyl 1.8t to the Audi V-6(not vr6) tranny as I have done this before

This is true, there's guys that swap out their tranny for an A4 2.8 V6 tranny to put with their 1.8t because of the better gearing for highway speeds.
The 1.8t block itself is the same and can be used for any application as long as you have applicable accessories, hardware, etc. Volkswagen has been making their blocks similar for years as different engine and chassis combinations are used. Thats also why engine swaps are relatively easy, just get new mounts and accessories to match the motor and car.
I don't see any reason VW would have made these two blocks any different, its makes economical sense to keep them the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts