VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now i dont know if this is whats really going on but...it seems like my car has adjusted its self
.....heres the deal...for the past few days ive been DRIVING my car... it now has 3800 miles on it so i figured id get to know it and sharpin my skills a little bit
...so the past few days ive been driving it "hard" ;nice fast shifts (which by the way im getting pretty dern good at lol) heal toe downshifting
, figuring out how to get it off the line quick and so on and so on... so i get in the car this morning and i take off... driving normally cause i have my sister... and it just felt much better,crisper,and stronger than before i started driving it agressively...so did the cars computer do something or what??

· Registered
2,820 Posts
Re: ok i have a ? (slomoshun)

Quote, originally posted by slomoshun »
now i dont know if this is whats really going on but...it seems like my car has adjusted its self
.....heres the deal...for the past few days ive been DRIVING my car... it now has 3800 miles on it so i figured id get to know it and sharpin my skills a little bit
...so the past few days ive been driving it "hard" ;nice fast shifts (which by the way im getting pretty dern good at lol) heal toe downshifting
, figuring out how to get it off the line quick and so on and so on... so i get in the car this morning and i take off... driving normally cause i have my sister... and it just felt much better,crisper,and stronger than before i started driving it agressively...so did the cars computer do something or what??

Sounds like a cold morning. The colder air will give you a faster car. I love to rip rear the beach at night. Get great cold air down there. No need for an FMIC for the winter http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
5,464 Posts
Re: (06JettaGLI)

The ECU is always adapting. You have 'taught' the car you like to drive fast so the car remembers this. Alot of slow driving will have the opposite effect. When you finally go to get on the car, it will feel slow.. This is not an excuse to speed

· Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: ok i have a ? (beerpong)

Quote, originally posted by beerpong »
In our cars? sheesh.
haha yeah it aint as good as in my mustang
but im able to somewhat do it lol....a little more practice http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif ....and yeah speeding isnt fun i really hardly speed

· Registered
1,052 Posts
Re: ok i have a ? (slomoshun)

Quote, originally posted by slomoshun »
so i have a FUZZY ecu? sweet that reminds me of a song...... fuzzy wuzzy wwuz a bear fuzzy wuzzy had no hair fuzzy wuzzy wuznt fuzzy wuz he?

Not cool.......

· Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: ok i have a ? (DimceR32)

Quote, originally posted by DimceR32 »

Not cool.......
haha yeah this kid i know who ,at the time, was like 10 used to run around screaming that song
....it really made me wunna slap him
lol

· Registered
206 Posts
Re: ok i have a ? (beerpong)

Quote, originally posted by beerpong »

In our cars? sheesh.

What are you talking about? Our pedals are PERFECT for heel and toe downshifting, floorhinged throttle is SWEET plus ot reminds me of a 911 I drove once.
About this ECU logic thing....are you saying if I broke my car in non agressively, grandma shifting wtc, that that's the way my ECU will function thruout the life of the car? Or, will some bouts of spirited driving "teach" the ECU new habits???

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.