VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my stereo was in it sounded lyk **** so i did some research and this thingy is broken so how important is this and can i bypass it or what?Is it a necessity? heres the pix:

just want some info and thanx

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Ok I just pulled this out of my Rabbit because its broken,help me out plz (FicTiTious)

I know its for the stereo bro

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
Re: Ok I just pulled this out of my Rabbit because its broken,help me out plz (dUbCoupe)

That doesn't look like a VAG part to me. I have no idea what it is. It certainly didn't come new in your Rabbit. Looks like something the PO decided was a good idea.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Ok I just pulled this out of my Rabbit because its broken,help me out plz (dbreid)

Quote, originally posted by dbreid »
That doesn't look like a VAG part to me. I have no idea what it is. It certainly didn't come new in your Rabbit. Looks like something the PO decided was a good idea.

VAG? well when i disconnected the stereo all the wires ran to that.So i pulled it out and am wondering what it is

·
Registered
688 Posts
Re: Ok I just pulled this out of my Rabbit because its broken,help me out plz (dUbCoupe)

Quote, originally posted by dUbCoupe »
so i did some research and this thingy is broken

just curious.. but what research did you do to figure out it's broken? in doing so you must have figured out what it is and what function it serves, otherwise, how would you know that it's broken?

so how important is this and can i bypass it or what?Is it a necessity? just want some info and thanx

So i pulled it out and am wondering what it is

not trying to be a jerk, just wondering how you know that this is what is broken, since you don't know what it is
ps-i don't know what it is either

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
6,018 Posts
Re: Ok I just pulled this out of my Rabbit because its broken,help me out plz (82vwRabbit)

Not trying to be a [email protected]$$, but it's possible to break something without knowing what it is or what it does. Sometimes the crunching noise or the loud snap is a clue. Or the fact that there are two pieces with very ragged edges that obviously used to be one piece.
For the original poster, it would be helpful to know if there are any part numbers or writing on the part. That can help a lot. VW part numbers are generally a series of three numbers separated by spaces, each number is three digits, possibly with a letter at the end of the entire part number. Kind of like "012 345 678" or "012 345 678Z". And any words on the thing could help, even if they are in German or some other language.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts

in 1980 VW did not use that style of fuse if i remember correctly an the wires do not look factory at all
probably some noise reducer from radio shack

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Ok I just pulled this out of my Rabbit because its broken,help me out plz (tommy-turtle)

Ok this is how i know its broken Kids,and if u didnt know it was hooked up to my stereo and it always went in and out with the speakers n shat.

·
Registered
15,945 Posts

looks like a radio shack special of the month to me

·
Registered
180 Posts
Re: Ok I just pulled this out of my Rabbit because its broken,help me out plz (brelvis25)

A diesel engined car would not need a spark noise line conditioner. It looks more like a front rear fade controller. It would allow an older 2 channel stereo output to produce a 4 channel stereo output. the front plug would be consistent for a duel pot. switch (3 wire per pot.) and a 12 light out to light switch. Pot. is Potentiometer. How many wires are there? Can you ID any of the components on the board? The 7.5 amp fuse means it consumes some power. It could also be a small amp or for a relay switch

Modified by Techzero at 6:54 PM 5-21-2004

·
Registered
147 Posts

If anything's broken around your place, I'd say it had to be the focus on your camera...

·
Registered
14,303 Posts
Re: Ok I just pulled this out of my Rabbit because its broken,help me out plz (Angry Tape)

It is definitely a "flux modulator" for harmonic distribution of overtones for listening to Jefferson Airplane. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Cheers, WWR.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Re: Ok I just pulled this out of my Rabbit because its broken,help me out plz (WackyWabbitRacer)

Looks like someone made their own Wire plug adapter from another radio.
That looks to be from a radio that is old. You will not be able to find the part or fix it. The circut board is cracked.
The plug part you are looking at would be in the back of a radio. Some factory radio. Speaking of that. What is your Radio Manufacture?
I say get a new radio and call it a day. Getting that piece to work isn't going to happen.
Did you take this out of your radio or was it just sitting back there in the open?
It definately came from the inside of a radio.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Ok I just pulled this out of my Rabbit because its broken,help me out plz (Angry Tape)

Quote, originally posted by Angry Tape »
If anything's broken around your place, I'd say it had to be the focus on your camera...

Hey The cam was only $50 ,

^^ haha

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
Re: (duct-tape)

funny post

·
Registered
844 Posts
honestly who cares what it is. it's not needed for your stereo to work. if you want to hook up another stereo just make your own harness, it's really not that hard.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts