VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Re: Ok, I need to improve the driver..Tips?? (Ghetto-8v)

Do you only have chip, exhaust and airbox mod? I thought you had a cam.
I launch at 1500 and shift just over 6000. I run 3rd across the line and then put it in 4th to coast down.

·
Registered
11,504 Posts

Petey best thing to do is practice practice practice. go there on any and every day that they are open. If you want to improve it requires work there really isnt a magical formula because everyones car is different. what works for one guy wont work for the next, that what makes drag racing so competetive.
Ill have to do the same thing since I havent been in front of the lights for a while...

[Modified by 2035cc16v, 12:38 PM 4-10-2002]

·
Registered
9,873 Posts
Re: Ok, I need to improve the driver..Tips?? (2035cc16v)

Remember, one track is not the same as the other. Example a launch that I used to get a 2.1x 60' time at Atco Raceway got me a crappy 2.6x 60' time at Cecil County Dragway the next night. You need to figure out how the track hooks then start to take it from there. If you race alot usually one or two passes will let you know what you need to change/do. Weather also plays a big part on how your car will react at the track too....

[Modified by billyVR6, 2:21 PM 4-10-2002]

·
Banned
5,228 Posts
Re: Ok, I need to improve the driver..Tips?? (billyVR6)

quote:[HR][/HR]Remember, one track is not the same as the other. ][HR][/HR]​
The local track around here is so greasy I keep the revs at about 2K and dump the clutch at the last yellow. The 16v kind of bogs as it comes off of the line, but if you don't let it, it will smoke the front tires through first and part way through second. BIG torque? NOPE, just an old, greasy track.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts

I find launching at 17-1800 rpm best, through first till 6200, second till 63-64 .. then I like to hold it at 2nd peak for about half a second before third

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.