VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Re: Ok I'll get slapped now ... Jetta Mk4 tails (pyroguy)

ok I gotta question...I've owned my Jetta for less than a week, so I'm not up with all the "do's and don't's" as far as VW's go...but so far I get the idea that NO one thinks Altezza's belong on VW's...can I ask why? That was one of the first things I was gonna do when I got the car, but I don't want VW fans throwing garbage at me as I roll down the road in my black '02 Jetta with Altezza tails...and if these are hated so much, what's the alternative that is preferred among Vdubbers??

·
Banned
3,170 Posts
Re: Ok I'll get slapped now ... Jetta Mk4 tails (mjpd1)

MAn first off do what you want to your VW and F these other guys. Its yours right. do what you want to it. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
8,500 Posts
Re: Ok I'll get slapped now ... Jetta Mk4 tails (tcrboravr6)

Its because "altezza" style taillights are the most played out mod in existance. They looked cool when like maybe one or two cars had 'em, but now that these are the first mods to go onto a car, they just look stupid. Besides, no one in Europe has these "euro clear" tails

·
Registered
22,318 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]and if these are hated so much, what's the alternative that is preferred among Vdubbers??
[HR][/HR]​
Hella all black lights. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
33,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

quote:[HR][/HR]ok I gotta question...I've owned my Jetta for less than a week, so I'm not up with all the "do's and don't's" as far as VW's go...but so far I get the idea that NO one thinks Altezza's belong on VW's...can I ask why? [HR][/HR]​
BEATS me too!!

·
Registered
2,675 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]ok I gotta question...I've owned my Jetta for less than a week, so I'm not up with all the "do's and don't's" as far as VW's go...but so far I get the idea that NO one thinks Altezza's belong on VW's...can I ask why? [HR][/HR]​
I think it is because they are ugly, cheap, and dirty. Plus the cars that I see them on are always Honda's and the like with several different shades of primer and coffee can mufflers so if you want to treat your dub like a rusted honda with chrome plated hubcaps then go ahead

·
Registered
778 Posts
Re: Ok I'll get slapped now ... Jetta Mk4 tails (nikocb)

quote:[HR][/HR]Plus the cars that I see them on are always Honda's and the like with several different shades of primer and coffee can mufflers[HR][/HR]​
Don't these things come standard on the Lexus IS300 "and the like"? Why are those cars never bashed and called Honda wanna-be's? Regardless, I'm putting clear taillights on my black Jetta, Altezza's or some other brand, and I'm gonna like it

·
Registered
24 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Plus the cars that I see them on are always Honda's and the like with several different shades of primer and coffee can mufflers
Don't these things come standard on the Lexus IS300 "and the like"? Why are those cars never bashed and called Honda wanna-be's? Regardless, I'm putting clear taillights on my black Jetta, Altezza's or some other brand, and I'm gonna like it
[HR][/HR]​
the lexus is300s arent called honda wannabes because in japan the toyota version of the is300 is the toyota altezza (it was the first car to have these) (not to defend the ricers or anything just getting the facts straight)
my opinion is (and if i had a brand new jetta, i would do this) would be to put the smoked hella taillights on or hella clear tail lights on.
besides, those altezzas are made in taiwan where there is no quality control, so the red lenses have been known to blow out or the taillight would just leak water. i dont know about you but i wouldnt want the smell of mildew in my trunk.
hella is a much better company that makes quality lighting products (this being the reason why vws come stock with hella lights)
do what you want but my suggestion would be to get the hellas in the style you prefer. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
778 Posts
Re: Ok I'll get slapped now ... Jetta Mk4 tails (16v ganook)

quote:[HR][/HR]the lexus is300s arent called honda wannabes because in japan the toyota version of the is300 is the toyota altezza (it was the first car to have these)[HR][/HR]​
thanks for gettin the facts straight...but even more, thanks for expressing your disdain of the altezza's in an intelligent and mature manner, rather than "altezza's are for ricers, go to hell"! Where can I check out some clear Hella's?

[Modified by mjpd1, 4:35 AM 8-9-2002]

·
Registered
33,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

quote:[HR][/HR]the lexus is300s arent called honda wannabes because in japan the toyota version of the is300 is the toyota altezza (it was the first car to have these)
thanks for gettin the facts straight...but even more, thanks for expressing your disdain of the altezza's in an intelligent and mature manner, rather than "altezza's are for ricers, go to hell"! Where can I check out some clear Hella's?

[Modified by mjpd1, 4:35 AM 8-9-2002][HR][/HR]​
Ditto!

·
Registered
8,500 Posts
Re: Ok I'll get slapped now ... Jetta Mk4 tails (Cullen)

quote:[HR][/HR]the lexus is300s arent called honda wannabes because in japan the toyota version of the is300 is the toyota altezza (it was the first car to have these)

[Modified by mjpd1, 4:35 AM 8-9-2002]
Ditto!
[HR][/HR]​
LET THERE BE CLEAR!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts