VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not really a newbie, but i'vr been wondering why you all don't like people posting racing stories?? I personally like hearing some good spankin' stories, but thats just my opinion. Why not just have a racing section so those who don't like racing , don't have to look??

[Modified by spoolin02GTI, 12:33 PM 4-5-2002]

·
James Steed
12,201 Posts
Re: ok..just a ? (spoolin02GTI)

Here's a quote right from Jaime.
quote:[HR][/HR]In lieu of a recent topic that was crossposted in several forums, I am going to post the reasons why street racing topics are not welcome here or anywhere else in the VWvortex forums.

We don't allow street racing topics for the following reasons:
1. They almost always degrade into pissing matches and chest beating about one car beating another
2. It IS illegal no matter how you portray it.
3. Talking about street racing only encourages it further and people with less than stellar car control experience and lacking common sense will likely hurt themselves, break their car and/or at worst hurt someone else. A poll was taken once asking people to rate themselves as drivers and over 85% of the people responding said they were above average. MOST people are average drivers at best (apparently not the group here from what I read) and a LOT of drivers are just poor period.
You can put whatever spin on it that you like it is still street racing and it is still illegal and far likely to get someone innocent hurt than doing it on the track in a controlled environment.
That said though, it is your life and your personal freedom and we're not telling you how to live your life or what you should do or shouldn't do outside of Vortex - believe me. But we're not interested in condoning street racing as a site.
I'll spare you guys the stories of working in a Trauma center and on a LifeFlight helicopter as a firefighter/paramedic for 10 years suffice to say that people just plain make dumb mistakes - ones that can often be avoided.
-jamie
/
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=246141
/
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=246126
[HR][/HR]​

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.