VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
7,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, not like I will actually tell you what color I go with, but shoot me some ideas! I dont want black as I had that, and I dont like red. Other than those two, have at it. Mind you this will be a show car, smoothed, low, and fat. Needs to have good interior options as well. I am the worlds most indesisive person, I am on my 4th set of wheels for the car and it isnt even painted yet
I cant decide what color to paint the stupid thing. So have it!
and thanks for the help.
Kyle
and here a damn pic!

[Modified by BlackieVR6, 12:19 PM 1-26-2003]

·
Registered
11,621 Posts
Re: Ok ladies and gents... I need a hand with paint! (BlackieVR6)

I would go with a nice blue or orange

·
Registered
1,149 Posts

Personally, I think midnight blue is sweet-looking and all around boss. Also a dark (almost anthracite) metallic silver is pretty mean. Those are my two favorites, cuz I like stealth.
If you wanted to be flashy you could do RUF yellow, VWMS Blue (like they paint the rally cars, I guess that's probably like a Jazz Blue) or something crazy like that, and you can always look to motorsport inspiration.
If I had maaaaad cash I'd paint mine the same as a TVR Tuscan, the color-change green. But that's cuz my car is and always will be a mean green machine

Hope those help!
edit: as do I hope these pictures, you say below you want bright so here's TVRs for those who are unfamiliar

[Modified by diegs, 11:49 PM 1-26-2003]

·
Banned
3,042 Posts

i was thinking like imola orange or copper-bronze pearl . i looked at some ppg copper and bronze pearls i liked. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
83 Posts
Re: Ok ladies and gents... I need a hand with paint! (NORTAVE2.0)

chevy orange, or a primer clearcoat with a candy finish would look good also i saw a car one time that had a grey primer on it and candy finish it looked like you could dip your finger in it

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Re: Ok ladies and gents... I need a hand with paint! (VrSIXx)

i thought u had already decided what color you wanted.

But, i saw the one u were talking about kyle, and i say def go for it. looks hot(dont worry, i wont divulge)
-Greg

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Re: Ok ladies and gents... I need a hand with paint! (vdubin90)

Four sets of wheels *lol* I´m in double-digits in that category and my car also hasn´t been painted yet. So far for indecisive. But I know if my car is not going to be painted in the original black-violet-pearl it´s gonna be amarant-pearl from Rover, nothing gets better...

·
Registered
7,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Neato
BTW the wheel thing would be no big deal but they are all like horribly expensive haha

Kyle

[Modified by BlackieVR6, 3:20 PM 1-26-2003]

·
Registered
2,421 Posts

Been there, done that...and done that again, and again and again...
Simple question...do you want to stay with a VAG color choice or are you considering anything out there? Depedant on the answer to that question will help determine how obscure my recommendation will ultimately be.

-Robert

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.