VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please , guide me in the right direction here . I'm thinking of getting the Phillips HID kit for my 02 Golf IV . I've read alot of things on the Jettas . that they dont make a diffrence in light performance and that basically they are a waste of money . But im not sure if this info also applies to the Golf ? Can someone please give me the entire scoop on this topic before i make a huge mistake of buying something that isnt going to work
Thanks in advance http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
13,012 Posts
Re: ok, now im confused, there is so much diffrent info on the HID's , can someone... (damdam)

Do it once, do it right, or pay twice. Go OEM Bosch units or dont bother. Kits are pretty much junk from what I've seen on here. If you're really serious about lighting, save up and get the OEM ones or you'll be kickin yourself in the ass all day long

·
Registered
12,763 Posts
Re: ok, now im confused, there is so much diffrent info on the HID's , can someone... (Turbo Turd)

quote:[HR][/HR]Do it once, do it right, or pay twice. Go OEM Bosch units or dont bother. Kits are pretty much junk from what I've seen on here. If you're really serious about lighting, save up and get the OEM ones or you'll be kickin yourself in the ass all day long[HR][/HR]​
Exactly what he said...forget that you ever heard about retrofit HIDS, forget that they even exist, and just save up for OEM! It's the only way to fly. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Premium Member
2013 Audi TT RS; 2017 Audi S6
9,076 Posts
Re: ok, now im confused, there is so much diffrent info on the HID's , can

quote:[HR][/HR]Do it once, do it right, or pay twice. Go OEM Bosch units or dont bother. Kits are pretty much junk from what I've seen on here. If you're really serious about lighting, save up and get the OEM ones or you'll be kickin yourself in the ass all day long
Exactly what he said...forget that you ever heard about retrofit HIDS, forget that they even exist, and just save up for OEM! It's the only way to fly. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif [HR][/HR]​
that's all good if you got $1300+ to burn. I got the retrofits on my GTI and they light up the road just as well, if not better, than my friends BMW factory HIDs.
I'm extremely happy with my purchase... this coming from someone who actually OWNS a set..

[Modified by caj1, 11:08 PM 11-26-2001]

·
Registered
13,012 Posts
Re: ok, now im confused, there is so much diffrent info on the HID's , can someone... (Turbo Turd)

quote:[HR][/HR] Kits are pretty much junk from what I've seen on here. [HR][/HR]​
Key sentence based upon the photos I've seen between the two along with what people have said with their experiences dealing with kits.

[Modified by Turbo Turd, 8:28 PM 11-26-2001]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.