VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1193 Posts

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
MIAMI - This is just the beginning.

This car is starting to bug me.... What on earth could be wrong with it?!

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ListingId=322412566&listingId=324206699&Log=0

How is it such low miles and at that price not sold?

Things that come to mind:

1. False Mileage.
2. unreported accidents
3. Hurricane damage?

Anyone got any ideas? Because it seems to good to be true, which usually means it is. But if it isn't well ****...

·
Registered
15,099 Posts
You're right. It looks pretty flawless. KBB shows excellent for $27k w/ that mileage :confused:

However, being in FL, it doesn't really justify having AWD...and perhaps that's the reason why it's not selling.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're right. It looks pretty flawless. KBB shows excellent for $27k w/ that mileage :confused:

However, being in FL, it doesn't really justify having AWD...and perhaps that's the reason why it's not selling.
It did cross my mind that FL isn't quite the right market for it. Hmmm.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I could have been hurricane damage car?

I however got my 2011 2.0T premium with open sky with 35k miles for 21k. it was just traded in at an acura dealership and i seen it. Drove in and told them i wanted to buy it before they even detailed it. maybe that is how I got a good deal? :)

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I could have been hurricane damage car?

I however got my 2011 2.0T premium with open sky with 35k miles for 21k. it was just traded in at an acura dealership and i seen it. Drove in and told them i wanted to buy it before they even detailed it. maybe that is how I got a good deal? :)
Dang that is a nice deal! And well from what I have heard this has been for sale for quite some time. I mean I first saw it a month ago.

Just sucks its 3000mi from me so its not the easiest thing to just swing by and check out. :(

·
Registered
10,870 Posts
Well I got my 06 3.2 two years ago it had 16k miles asking price was $24500. Car was untouched. Garage kept and had been serviced at the dealer. by the way I live in FL..lol

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
run the carfax.

could have been a good auction score by the dealer, considering the "uncommon" 3.2Q combo, no other dealers wanted it, and they got lucky. It happens. and they want it gone, thus the reasonable price.

My 06 3.2 sat on autotrader for six months while i watched the price go down 4 times. When it went below $20K, I jumped on it, and negotiated delivery to me in New England from down south as part of the deal.

And that was 4 years ago!:laugh:

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I got my 06 3.2 two years ago it had 16k miles asking price was $24500. Car was untouched. Garage kept and had been serviced at the dealer. by the way I live in FL..lol
Oh wow, so might actually be a somewhat reasonable price then? Annnd well I don't know Florida, but how far from this car are you? haha

·
Registered
10,870 Posts
Oh wow, so might actually be a somewhat reasonable price then? Annnd well I don't know Florida, but how far from this car are you? haha
Definitely. I actually live like 2 miles from this car..lol

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Whoa now... that is crazy. I love the internets.

What are the chances you would be willing to go check it out for me?

·
Registered
10,870 Posts
Whoa now... that is crazy. I love the internets.

What are the chances you would be willing to go check it out for me?
LOL, i might be able to swing by Saturday but no promises. This used car lot is actually across the Audi Dealer.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well its no major rush, I still need to sell my GTI first. But if you could just go give it a once over? Maybe a test drive even? haha

Things like - Possible previous damage? Seems under the hood (will be different usually if body panels have been replaced?

As for the rest I am still learning about the A3 and doing my research. So I am not exactly sure of what all I should be looking for.

·
Registered
10,870 Posts
Well its no major rush, I still need to sell my GTI first. But if you could just go give it a once over? Maybe a test drive even? haha

Things like - Possible previous damage? Seems under the hood (will be different usually if body panels have been replaced?

As for the rest I am still learning about the A3 and doing my research. So I am not exactly sure of what all I should be looking for.
Well from the PICS I looked at it looks just as mine did when I bought it. I'll try to swing by and take a look. :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well from the PICS I looked at it looks just as mine did when I bought it. I'll try to swing by and take a look. :thumbup:
man that would be so amazing! I would owe you big time!! :beer: on me if you ever come to Canada! haha

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
I bought my with 9k miles in June of 2011 26.5k - that doesn't sound unreasonable but it's good to be suspicious.

Very cool of you to take a look for him. There's n R8GT I was eyeing down there in Miami @ shipping containers are us I was wondering if you could take a look for me as well.

·
Registered
10,870 Posts
I bought my with 9k miles in June of 2011 26.5k - that doesn't sound unreasonable but it's good to be suspicious.

Very cool of you to take a look for him. There's n R8GT I was eyeing down there in Miami @ shipping containers are us I was wondering if you could take a look for me as well.
:laugh: lol, I'll let you know about the R8GT also I might be interested as well ;):p

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Oh big money over here... haha That would be a sweet thing to have. Maybe in 10 or 15 years for me though.

Now to contact bank just in case and look into shipping! haha

1 - 20 of 1193 Posts