VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1141 - 1160 of 1193 Posts

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,142 ·
Still a sweet ride! Glad you are back in a sport wagon.
Me too. It's where I belong.

So any one got some seats for Sale?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,146 ·
I will sell you mine. They are in really good condition.
Haha which sport seats you got? Alcantras? I. Might hold out for some S seats or something.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,148 ·

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
I'm just here to troll Ponto. How's it going bud?

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,150 ·
I'm just here to troll Ponto. How's it going bud?
Good good. Swapping wheels on the Q5 back to stock winters for trade in.

And you Jimbo?

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,151 ·
Back in a wagon

·
Registered
2,751 Posts

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,155 ·
When you're ready to come home, here's a link to a low mile 09 facelifted VR6 A3 in Meteor gray metallic that's just screaming for an RS3 Body kit.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/741463934/overview/
Unless the new A3 comes in sportback, not sure I will go back lol. Plus i am actually quite enjoying the 30mpg when crusing at 80mph.

That's a beauty, Ponto. I like the exterior color scheme too. What color interior?
Is your A3 gone? It's still noted under your Avatar.
Thanks! The interior is black with the standard headliner. Damn Impossible to find a black headliner Allroad, nevermind one in Scuba blue - so leaves me lots to upgrade!!

The A3 was sold back in the spring to a friend, then I took over my wifes old Q5 for a few months and then traded it in on this.

·
Registered
516 Posts
^ Talk about a big beautiful bow. ;)

Unless the new A3 comes in sportback, not sure I will go back lol. Plus i am actually quite enjoying the 30mpg when crusing at 80mph.
I have a 2.0T and the gas mileage is probably about 3 to 5mpg short of what I'd expect of a car this size and putting out 200hp. It's not even quattro. But these days I don't drive a lot (don't have to commute for work), so it's not a huge cost difference. If I was logging a good 15k+ per year, I'd be tempted to upgrade.

Thanks! The interior is black with the standard headliner. Damn Impossible to find a black headliner Allroad, nevermind one in Scuba blue - so leaves me lots to upgrade!!

The A3 was sold back in the spring to a friend, then I took over my wifes old Q5 for a few months and then traded it in on this.
Scuba blue is very nice, like a richer and deeper Ocean Blue. That with the contrasting silver and some dark gray accents is picture-perfect in my book.

Btw, just curious... seems there's a group here that's very pro-VR6 on the A3. Is it really that much better than the 2.0T? A long while back, I'd read about how a few race car drivers had Audi A3's as their daily driver, and they favored the 2.0T because it was lighter, more nimble, and only marginally slower than the VR6. Of course, minus quattro. Seeing what's available with tuning, the 2.0T can be boosted. So my guess is that the VR6 is much more capable for tuning and its power limit is higher than the 2.0T or even 2.5T. Correct?

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,158 ·
^ Talk about a big beautiful bow. ;)

I have a 2.0T and the gas mileage is probably about 3 to 5mpg short of what I'd expect of a car this size and putting out 200hp. It's not even quattro. But these days I don't drive a lot (don't have to commute for work), so it's not a huge cost difference. If I was logging a good 15k+ per year, I'd be tempted to upgrade.

Scuba blue is very nice, like a richer and deeper Ocean Blue. That with the contrasting silver and some dark gray accents is picture-perfect in my book.

Btw, just curious... seems there's a group here that's very pro-VR6 on the A3. Is it really that much better than the 2.0T? A long while back, I'd read about how a few race car drivers had Audi A3's as their daily driver, and they favored the 2.0T because it was lighter, more nimble, and only marginally slower than the VR6. Of course, minus quattro. Seeing what's available with tuning, the 2.0T can be boosted. So my guess is that the VR6 is much more capable for tuning and its power limit is higher than the 2.0T or even 2.5T. Correct?
With the stage 1 APR claims about 275hp/325tq on the allroad I believe (3rd Gen 2L motor). It's got quite the jam for how big of a wagon it is - but in reality it is only 200lbs more than the VR6 A3, which is only 200lbs more than the 2.0 A3.

After the VR6 and 20-22mpg average I was getting fuel economy didn't much matter to me haha.

The biggest thing for the VR6 is its almost a cult following, the sound and instant torque is like no other and just amazing. Power wise, its way easier and cheaper to get decent power out of a 2L... but if you go all out on the VR6 it will put down some serious numbers, but just cost you some serious dollars too. Without a turbo, simple tunes on the VR6 do not net you much power.

·
Registered
516 Posts
With the stage 1 APR claims about 275hp/325tq on the allroad I believe (3rd Gen 2L motor). It's got quite the jam for how big of a wagon it is - but in reality it is only 200lbs more than the VR6 A3, which is only 200lbs more than the 2.0 A3.

After the VR6 and 20-22mpg average I was getting fuel economy didn't much matter to me haha.

The biggest thing for the VR6 is its almost a cult following, the sound and instant torque is like no other and just amazing. Power wise, its way easier and cheaper to get decent power out of a 2L... but if you go all out on the VR6 it will put down some serious numbers, but just cost you some serious dollars too. Without a turbo, simple tunes on the VR6 do not net you much power.
Thanks for filling me in. Yeah, a lot of this depends upon where you live too. If you're not going on tracks, loading all that horsepower into a car like this living in a densely populated area becomes mostly pointless, because you really can't fully exercise it legally. There is that visceral quality of having the power on-hand and the sound of the exhaust... but if all that cost and effort was mostly for that, it's hard to justify. Like you said, "serious dollars." The other thing is, it's not like major performance boosting a car adds a lot of value either. In some cases, it can make it hard to sell a car, because the average person sees "modified" and then it throws in doubt about the car's care (driven hard) and reliability (mods can fail). That is, unless you are able to get interest from someone who would want to do said mods and then sees a chance to get it cheaper than the full cost of doing it.

I'm living in a densely populated area, and with 83k on an 11 year old car, just won't make much sense to do any major performance mods. But I may consider doing some smaller mods that don't cost much (not really concerned about resale at this point). In any case, I am a little curious about the VR6 and will have to test drive a stock used one. :)

1141 - 1160 of 1193 Posts