VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
currently im in iraq and will be returning mid october... with around 70k and i have been approved 12.5k in whatever i want to do to the corrado.
so i need opinions on what i should do.. its a g60 right now and i want to swap out the motor. most likely vr6 but i wanna see some tranny/engine ideas...

·
Registered
14,467 Posts
Re: ok... so what to do with 12.5k (raddo0125)

put it in a 401k.
12k put away every year at 5% interest rate after 30 years is $888,882
at 6% = 1,074,000
at 7% = 1,300,000
etc

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: ok... so what to do with 12.5k (NVmyVW)

already got 20k goin in there... this is extra. but i appriciate it... atleast the VW community cares haha

·
Registered
443 Posts
Re: ok... so what to do with 12.5k (raddo0125)

do a passat syncro swap with the g60.
i dont know y anyone would ditch the g60 just for a heavier vr6 more expensive parts and more nose heavy.
also g60 are hard enough to find with ppl doing swaps for turbo mk2 and g60 swaps to mk1-2. you can get alot of power out of the little motor and spend alot less. just a thought.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: ok... so what to do with 12.5k (sam51032003)

well... the most i have seen out of a G60 is about 350... but idk im open to G60 ideas

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: (corradokyd)

im up for keeping the G60. would keep me from having to swap the motor out.. but i do need to replace some wires also on the harness

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Re: (raddo0125)

Oh....if keeping the g60 is an option, well then lol
2.1L 16v G60 with Syncro....dont be scared....
Man with that kind of loot, i would be AWD and some form of VR.
And who cares about weight when you make 500HP with a 24V VRT?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: (wzach)

whats a VRT usually run to build? my G60 has all the stage 4 parts already just needs a rebuild and new charger/turbo

·
Registered
3,554 Posts

12v or 24v?
12Valves are becoming like chevy 350's you can usually find a bunch, the 24v 2.8's not so much...
Boost levels matter when building but i have seen some stock bottom end VR's pump massive boost and not blow up thanks to ARP Hardware.
All Motor 3.4L 12 Valve or 24V is 10K alone from EurospecSport.
Really it all maters what the power goal is, and im sure htere are enough VRT threads in the Vr6 forum to entice ya!

·
Registered
12,623 Posts

Save it so when your 401K takes a sh*t again you will actually have some savings. The economy is going to get worse and it won't be getting better next year.
My uncle is having to sell his brand new Porsche Boxster S that he just bought last year because he lost half of his retirement fund thanks to all of these greedy bonus loving bastards on Wall St.!
With that said I would be a sweet VRT with LSD.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts

how much power do you want?
Reasonable Obtainable WHEEL power?
That will be the basis on weather you max out a 4 cyl, or can stay in that realm.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

350HP is all im asking for because if i want more than that i will just build my 2.7t audi... i want something fun and built around me... i think i could attain 300-350 in the G60 but i would have to go turbo.. i dont think the twin screw or g-lader could keep up without massive risk of going boom and ruining the motor... i plan on rebuilding the block.. just wanna check out all my options before i drop alot of money on it... the 12.5 was going to get spent on another car and i was going to sell the rado but i came to me senses and cant part with her

·
Registered
5,308 Posts

Unless you love the Corrado (you probably do), sell it and buy something like an FD RX7 which is gorgeous and has far more potential than the Corrado.
Otherwise, put the money away.
I love my Corrado, but with that kind of money you better believe I'd try to pick up a clean FD

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: (EnIgMa '06)

i love VW and Audi.. not goin to get anything else... i was going to get another audi but i wanna put something into the rado.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts