VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will alfa romeo campagnolo rims 6x14 (look similar to ronal turbos) with the four lug pattern fit on my 92 gti? i don't have any info on the offset bolt pattern or hub size
i found a set of four in a junkyard still mounted on a alfa gtv but i'm not gonna pull 'em if there's no hope in fitting them
thanks http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
646 Posts
Re: ok, this is a tricky one..alfa wheels on a gti? (username)

I read and article in European Car mag a few years back and they were doing an Alfa gtv-6 as a project car and I remembered that they had a real hard time finding anything aftermarket for wheels that would fit the car. Consiquently I think that the Alfa wheel that you have will not fit your VW.

·
Registered
664 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]will alfa romeo campagnolo rims 6x14 (look similar to ronal turbos) with the four lug pattern fit on my 92 gti? i don't have any info on the offset bolt pattern or hub size i found a set of four in a junkyard still mounted on a alfa gtv but i'm not gonna pull 'em if there's no hope in fitting them[HR][/HR]​
Most Italian cars have a weird bolt pattern. If there's a MkII VW in that junkyard, remove one Alfa wheel and try
to bolt it up to the VW. Betcha can't do it

·
Registered
19 Posts

Ok. Here's the deal.
For Alfa Romeo GTV6, Milano, and 164, their bolt pattern is 5x98
For Alfa Romeo Spider, it's 4 x 98
It gets trickier. The GTV6 and Milano are RWD, and have large offsets. The 164 is FWD, and has GTI-like offsets.
Can you use Alfa wheels on your VW? Not without some machining to go from 5x98 to 5x100.
BUT! It has been done, and this is actually not very hard. Moving the center of the bolt pattern in (or out) by 1 mm is trivial. I have many friends with Alfas who simply buy 5x100 wheels and have them machined to 5x98. Voila. Perhaps the European Car's article author wasn't brave enough to even think of this solution.
Nizam

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.