VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok to tap DV nipple line for boost gauge?

I know most people do it on the FPR but I heard it work on the DV as well. I just wanted to make sure its the line connected to the DV nipple right? Thanks guys.
EDIT: Stupid type-o.....

· Registered
10,732 Posts
Re: Ok to tap DV nipple line for boost gauge? (Nessal)

That’s not going to give you true readings. The small line connected to the DV is a controlled line from an N valve so its not necessarily the exact boost or vacuum that your seeing at the intake manifold.

· Registered
3,197 Posts
Re: Ok to tap DV nipple line for boost gauge? (tbell83)

i went the FPR route on my 03, i just used a "T" into the end of the existing vacuum line so i could return to stock at a later date if i want. Gives very acurate reading. theres great digital how to picks on here somewhere use the search.

· Registered
7,546 Posts
Re: Ok to tap DV nipple line for boost gauge? (RABIDRABBIT1983)

Quote, originally posted by RABIDRABBIT1983 »
i went the FPR route on my 03, i just used a "T" into the end of the existing vacuum line so i could return to stock at a later date if i want. Gives very acurate reading. theres great digital how to picks on here somewhere use the search.

what he said http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I did all my research already but I was told that if there was a leak in the FPR tube from doing this mod, the car can possibly run lean.

· Banned
4,971 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Nessal »

I did all my research already but I was told that if there was a leak in the FPR tube from doing this mod, the car can possibly run lean.

maybe .... but i know my boost gauge line blew out and i didn't realize until i saw the gauge wasn't working at all... pulled over and plugged it in then used zip ties to tighten it. worked fine...car didn't blow up

· Registered
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

So you mean you didn't have to cut the FPR line? But how did you use the T fitting if you didn't cut it? I don't get how it can attach to the end of the line...can you post a pic please?

· Registered
3,197 Posts

Sorry, no digital camera here. You simply use a small section of additional vacuum line you have laying around. the extra line goes on the FPR then put the "T" between the line on the FPR and the line that normally goes on the FPR. you now have the middle of the "T" for your boost line for your guage.
There is a grommet in the firewall to the passenger side of the brake booster, remover the carpet away from the firewall (still talking about behind the brake booster area)in the engine bay and shes right there. Cut a slice or drill a small hole for your line.
Use the headlight switch power for your gauge bulb source.

Happy boosting

· Registered
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

oooo, i get what you mean now. I was a bit confused about how you put a T section in the FPR line without cutting
What type of vacuum line is there to use though? Are thick silicon lines ok?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.