VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought an Audi and it did not really come with a manual or anything actually, and i understand mostly everything in terms of interior buttons but this one:

Its on the drivers side pillar (in between the front and rear doors) And when you push it it turns red, i cant figure out what its for....

Can someone let me know real quick? Thanks for the help

·
17,317 Posts
Re: Okay WHAT IS THIS BUTTON on my Drivers side pillar??? (Owdee)

Easy one. Turns off the motion sensor if you have like a dog or a not-quite-dead hooker twitching in the back seat and you want to lock the car without the fear of embarassing alarms sounding and potential run ins with the law.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Okay WHAT IS THIS BUTTON on my Drivers side pillar??? (robbyb413)

hahaha nice.
So bsically if i push it on when i lock the doors the motion sensor will be activated? Can it be adjusted or is it fine the way it is?
Thanks for the quick help man

·
Registered
4,528 Posts

just push it in...you will want them off for the most part...like, if you leave your windows open and set the alarm (as if the alarm would be of much use with your windows open) and the wind blows...your alarm will go off...it can be a niussance
there should be a light on the button that tells you if its set or not.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts

if you push it, it deactivates it. It can be adjusting using a VAGCOM. OEM is a bit too sensitive, if you lock your car with the window down, or the sunroof open chances are good that the bloody thing will go off.
By the way Robby, whats with the dead hooker obsession? This must be the third or fourth time you mention it...are we gonna see a Boston PD vs. a silver A4 road chase soon?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Re: Okay WHAT IS THIS BUTTON on my Drivers side pillar??? (TurboNasty)

I tried to test mine once and it didn't work. I.E. I armed the alarm while sitting inside, waited a while and started up some motion.. Oh yeah..

Darn arlarm didn't go off. So, I hit the button, did it again, nothing.?.? hmmmmff

·
Registered
19,732 Posts

this is what to do if you want it to go off..
push the button in so its red...then put your drivers window down...
get out..lock the car with the remote...then reach into the window and open the door from the inside..it should go off..
keep tryin if it doesnt go off the first time...

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Re: Okay WHAT IS THIS BUTTON on my Drivers side pillar??? (HarvVAG)

Quote, originally posted by HarvVAG »
this is what to do if you want it to go off..
push the button in so its red...then put your drivers window down...
get out..lock the car with the remote...then reach into the window and open the door from the inside..it should go off..
keep tryin if it doesnt go off the first time...

i think that will work if the inside button is pushed in or not. on most cars, opening the car door from the inside when the alarm is set will cause the alarm to go off.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Okay WHAT IS THIS BUTTON on my Drivers side pillar??? (NotQuatt)

yeah i tried a variety of things and it wouldnt go off, but when my girlfriend hit the window button while the car was armed for some reason it went off....
I dont get it and tha button did nothing but turn the red blinkig light on the door off....ha whatever...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts