VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,
Sandor has informed me the only VW event in June is Niagara bug show which is on Sunday June 20, with that said, lets do an old school GTG on Saturday June 12 at Kennedy Commons.
My Cabrio should be out of the body shop and I can hopefully drive it to the event. Also, bring all parts you are trying to sell and write them down on a bristol board beside your cars so when we walk around we know who has got what parts for sale, or what parts you are looking to buy, or trade.
Let me know who is interested. The weather should be better too, so we won't be freezing like the last meet.
As always, it's primarily an old school event, but mk3 &4's are welcome as well. Heck even if you are a vee dub enthusiast who drives a non-vee dub car, drop by.

p.s.: I nominate Dac to be our official photographer, so hide all your ricey mods or you will be captured by his camera for eternity!

Modified by rabbitation at 12:02 AM 5-20-2004

·
Banned
1,444 Posts
Re: old school GTG / swap meet, Sat. June 12 (rabbitation)

my english sucks so i re-wrote my post
the Jitterbug has been moved to the 27th

if ur itchin for a gtg before this one...there is always NA Mondays at KC

Modified by Master_of_Puppets at 7:11 AM 5-22-2004

·
Premium Member
18,140 Posts
Re: old school GTG / swap meet, Sat. June 12 (Master_of_Puppets)

i'll be there with the GTI

·
Registered
21,846 Posts

Quote, originally posted by rabbitation »

p.s.: I nominate Dac to be our official photographer, so hide all your ricey mods or you will be captured by his camera for eternity!

Why thank you! I'm feeling all tingly since my "work" has been mentioned already! Either that or it's that Ice Cream sandwich in my pocket.
I'll more than likely be there. I'll be packing a heavier-duty tripod (since my last one met it's maker last week), and possibly more memory and batteries!
- dac

·
Registered
10,579 Posts
Re: old school GTG / swap meet, Sat. June 12 (Big Dac With Fries)

I'll be there for this one too.
What time shall we set this meet for?
Also can we get some warmer weather for this one?

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: old school GTG / swap meet, Sat. June 12 (SpicVeedub)

4 hrs, & already 7 people have expressed interest, so at the rate of 1.75 person(s) per hour, by June 12th we will have 1008 people (24 days or 576 hrs*1.75 = 1008)
(I have a thing for math & numbers)

Modified by rabbitation at 4:20 AM 5-20-2004

·
Banned
7,714 Posts

Illl show, who knows in what
if you guys want another gtg there is always the pre jitterbug niagara BASH!!!

·
Registered
3,254 Posts

KC again?
wanna try the west end since the last time spoonie didnt have any success organizing it

·
Registered
17,915 Posts
Re: old school GTG / swap meet, Sat. June 12 (iamfob)

sweet, the jitter bug has been moved!?!
Nice...that gives me an extra week to get my beetle done http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Cool, I'll be hitting this old skool meet then, perhaps clear some parts out.
If it helps guys, post what parts you're going to bring / can bring on this post.
Maybe this time I'll remember to bring my camera.

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
Re: old school GTG / swap meet, Sat. June 12 (Crazy Hungarian)

June 12 is the only weekend in June that I'm actually in town ... so, um, yeah ... count me in.
I'll have lotsa parts FS by then too.
Adam

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: old school GTG / swap meet, Sat. June 12

page 2 to page 1 bump

·
Registered
642 Posts
I'm interested in this. I will probably have a set of Aero's with grill and rad support for sale, also a rear set of Koni red's for an MK3 (non plus)

·
Registered
1,980 Posts

I should be able to make it. Hopefully with something new, and of course, odd. And it better be warm enough for me to wear my t-shirt!

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Re: old school GTG / swap meet, Sat. June 12 (VW Fox)

I'm game if it takes place at Kennedy Commons. Seem's like that's the usual location for the successful old school meets!

Modified by COP TZR at 2:45 AM 5-24-2004

·
Premium Member
18,140 Posts
Re: old school GTG / swap meet, Sat. June 12 (COP TZR)

as far as i'm concerned KC is the only place to hold these meets, even when the cops do show up they let us be...i hate driving around in york or peel regions where the cops are just looking to pull over anything with a muffler

1 - 20 of 92 Posts