VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
8,427 Posts
Re: OLD SKOOL V.S. NEW SKOOL (BlueDubb)

I watched the whole thing. I would have to agree with there argument on newer cars weighing more...that would be due to all the safety features that are on them nowadays. Mk4's are certainly no rabbit in terms of stock 1/4mile launches. Rabbits are much light but also more unsafe. So really its a tradeoff. At least the MK4 wasn't blown away like some of those other old school cars.
Of course, I have love for both new and ol' skool.
Heres my ol' skool ride.

Modified by Waagenz at 1:54 PM 1-10-2004

· Registered
4,118 Posts
Re: OLD SKOOL V.S. NEW SKOOL (V-dbl-U)

it was a 1/5th of a mile run. the 2.0 would have been left for dead much worse. the mk1 can launch much harder and the mk4 didnt have time to spool up and pull ahead. mk1's are faster than you might think. i whoop on mk4's daily

· Registered
578 Posts
Re: (Galvatron)

A stock 1983 Rabbit GTI runs a 10.6 0-60, and a 17.7 1/4 mile. Even a 150HP AWD MK4 runs a 7.4 0-60 (these stats are just from car-stats.com), so how the hell does the MK1 pull on the MK4 the whole time?
Something is fishy with that for sure.

· Registered
4,118 Posts
Re: (Kem)

Quote, originally posted by Kem »
A stock 1983 Rabbit GTI runs a 10.6 0-60, and a 17.7 1/4 mile. Even a 150HP AWD MK4 runs a 7.4 0-60 (these stats are just from car-stats.com), so how the hell does the MK1 pull on the MK4 the whole time?
Something is fishy with that for sure.

the video has a european gti. no heavy american gti crap, straight CIS no lamda

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.